Page 101 of 237 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2367
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    If Ogier loses the 2018 Championship by a few points it could be said that running first in Sweden cost him the Title. Is that fair, will it give the new champion credibility as the best ?

Liked 833 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    If Ogier loses the 2018 Championship by a few points it could be said that running first in Sweden cost him the Title. Is that fair, will it give the new champion credibility as the best ?
    I don't see how is that unfair. If there wasn't as much snow, he would have been fine with it. A lot of snow? Well, tough luck, it happens. He wasn't the only one to suffer from it, Latvala and Tanak had a hard time dealing with it as well. In Mexico it's Neuville's turn to swipe the road.

3. Likes: cali (27th February 2018),steve.mandzij (27th February 2018)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Life is a bitch
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

5. Likes: AL14 (27th February 2018),cali (27th February 2018),steve.mandzij (27th February 2018)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    If he didn't win Monte he wouldn't have to go first in Sweden... but wouldn't have so many points from Monte.

With different rules he maybe wouldn't start first in Sweden... but that means he also wouldn't start first on Monte. If he didn't start first in in Monte he'd loose some time during first leg due to gravel on the road... and that means he'd not run as "last" WRC in the snow on Saturday and wouldn't be able to get 1 min up on Tanak and 30s on Latvala.

Should we go on like this for every rally?

7. Likes: AL14 (27th February 2018),dimviii (27th February 2018),GravelBen (27th February 2018),leighton323 (1st March 2018),Myrvold (27th February 2018),pantealex (9th March 2018),steve.mandzij (27th February 2018)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Yes, of course. The one who copes with the circumstances best is the best.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

9. Likes: cali (27th February 2018)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    13-round championship Eddie.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    100% fair. Sainz and Hirvonen lost titles to mechanical failures, and that was fair. Latvala's car killed itself three times in a row while he was in the championship fight, and that was fair. There was a dusting of snow on the stages in Sweden, and that was fair.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

12. Likes: racerx1979 (27th February 2018),sonnybobiche (1st March 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    just a friendly reminder... you are arguing with british people....

you can continue now...

14. Likes: Franky (27th February 2018),sonnybobiche (1st March 2018),steve.mandzij (27th February 2018)
    Liked 30 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    100% fair. Sainz and Hirvonen lost titles to mechanical failures, and that was fair. Latvala's car killed itself three times in a row while he was in the championship fight, and that was fair. There was a dusting of snow on the stages in Sweden, and that was fair.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    What you are doing is comparing something that can't be foreseen to something that could be avoided by adjusting the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I think there are a couple of things we are not giving the right attention

1) Rules does not penalize always the same driver, they penalize the first crew in the general ranking.

2) Rules does not penalize always the crew who open the road. As said before Monte, Germany, Corsica, Galles, Sweden with few snow and every gravel rally with rain are an advantage for that crew. It means that in almost 5 events out of 13 there is not a penalization. It is 40% of the whole championship, it's not exceptional.
    The difference is that at these events nobody at the end of the road order is crying the hell out of him at the end of the stages.

3) As we all said Sweden was exceptional, in normal condition on gravel rallies the leading driver will sufer from road order mainly in the first 3 stages of the first leg. Friday afternoon is quite better and on saturday the situation is much more balanced. In 2014, Ogier was capable to win a lot of events with these rules, even Sardinia.

The fact that it doesn't always penalize the same driver is irrelevant. The fact that the first crew in general ranking, whoever they might be, is getting the short end of the stick is where the problem lies.
    Albeit Sweden was an extreme case it did shift the focus a little to the bigger underlying problem in my eyes.
    If there is something that can be done to improve the current system then it should be done.

To N.O.T - If it's targeted at me, then no, I'm not British. I don't see why it would matter anyhow. Is there a saying I'm not aware of?

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post

To N.O.T - If it's targeted at me, then no, I'm not British. I don't see why it would matter anyhow. Is there a saying I'm not aware of?
    no kid it wasn't.

but it would matter a lot if you were... it would explain a lot as well....