Page 150 of 237 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 2367
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    he is there because of his father. if it was only about the money they could hire lots of people.

most drivers only start their career when they are 18 or older, and have to find everything out them self. they are usually at least 5 to 10 years older and have driven 3 to 5 seasons locally before anyone here has ever heard of them.
    so yes, there are probably some people that we have never heard off, but who can break through very quickly.
    ogier did only one international season before switching to wrc, neuville did two.

kalle is only where he is now because of his father. if every young driver was given the same resources some would surely be faster.
    but sadly, of course that will never be the case.
    that's why one marque cups are the best way to find real talent, because you can really compare drivers and tell who's talented and who's there because of his rich father.
    Holy crap there is dumb people on this forum.
    Kalle is with Skoda because they hired him after they have seen his potential, not because his name is Rovanperä or because "they have a lot of money".

Tell me a rally driver who has not spend any money to become a rally driver? Kalle started with Starlet - logical and cheap just like you should do it at the beginning.
    Kalle has had a lot sponsors since Starlet days for example see the big IKH logo still on the side of the car and that's been there since day 1.
    He then changed to R2, drove 3 seasons in Latvia, won with that = More interest + more sponsors + Jouhki.
    What to do after success with a FWD? Correct! Go 4WD and that's what they did and also won with that. I don't see anything wrong with how Kalle got into scene, he worked his way up there just like every rally driver has to and will do at some point in their career.

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    look, the easy part is getting where rovanpera is now. everyone with enough money and some talent can drive wrc2 and even do well.
    now comes the part where he has to prove that he win wrc2 on every surface. not even just win, he has to dominate to get a factory seat in wrc.
    Easy part is to get where he is? Get a factory drive in a WRC2! are you out of your mind? Why people praise Tidemand who is 27 also started under aged, who has driven many WRC2 seasons, won the championship and is backed by a multi millionaire Erik Veiby but he is still struggling to beat this 17yo kid who got into Skoda by just his deep pockets and a surname?

Tell me a rookie driver who has done aswell as Kalle has done in these 3 WRC rounds this year in which all 3 were completely new for him?

IMO Kalle is the biggest talent currently in rallying scene and if you don't agree and want to say something regarding this, please do so and add some names, thanks.
    Last edited by Essaj; 17th May 2018 at 01:22.

2. Likes: AnttiL (17th May 2018),Hartusvuori (17th May 2018),Jeppe (20th May 2018),pantealex (17th May 2018),Rallyper (17th May 2018),RS (17th May 2018),steve.mandzij (17th May 2018)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    Yeah you are partly true, he gets paid from Skoda to drive there In M-Sport he would have needed to pay some himself.
    Sorry, you are out of reality...

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    -...- Of course there is If'ss and but's, heck who knows maybe I would be next Loeb if I had started rallying.
    I asked about who Pluto consideres to have "bigger potential" than Kalle preferably from the drivers who actually drive in some level of rallying and not just one who was quick age 7 on a co-kart but couldn't compete because they ran out of money.
    and for you Tarmop Katsuta aint currently one, he drove perfectly in Sweden but his speed hasn't been there in any other snow rally before that, maybe a fact that he was using Pirelli's instead of Michelins might have had something to do with it?
    If you really want to hear at least one name, so for example I think Juuso Nordgren has bigger potential... And I am not alone with this opinion

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Sorry, you are out of reality...
    Please go back to ERC section and stay there. I just keep ignoring your comments from now on, even N.O.T makes more sense.

6. Likes: Allez Andruet (17th May 2018)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Cmon Denkimi...

It's okay to be bitter and angry... just don't weigh it in on others. Best to keep your feelings to yourself.

Anyone in the top of WRC has worked their asses off to be there. Some people (like Loeb) most likely have some natural talent that makes them excel at the sport, but he worked for it just like anyone else. Max Vatanen is Ari's son. He's not winning any titles or competing at the top is he? His father was a bad a$$ mutha fugga in rallying. I even know Ari personally. He himself has told me Kalle is a quick son of a gun.. literally. His father was quick too.

I would seriously think long and hard. If you're the type to see someone wealthy and then think to yourself "i bet he has a rich dad, or I bet he was lucky" then you might be outta luck buddy... or maybe you're just sh!t posting and well.. you're still out of luck.
    Last edited by racerx1979; 17th May 2018 at 08:21.

8. Likes: AnttiL (17th May 2018),gravelman (19th July 2018),pantealex (17th May 2018)
    Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    With enough money and training/rallies everybody can get to a certain level. But those last 1 or 2 percentages are the most difficult to find.
    For sure Rovanpera has talent, no doubt about it. But people are blinded by his age, which means nothing. It's experience that counts.
    We have seen a lot of young guys in the past, storming trough cups, JWRC and even wrc2 but never got to a decent WRC level.
    So, he has to prove in the next year(s) he has what it takes to get to WRC level.
    I'm not saying he is not going to make it, but imo it's still too early to tell

10. Likes: cali (17th May 2018),dimviii (17th May 2018),pantealex (17th May 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Please go back to ERC section and stay there. I just keep ignoring your comments from now on, even N.O.T makes more sense.
    you have any idea who pluto is and what he does you sick dog of nothing ????? or you just open your mouth randomly ???

12. Likes: cali (17th May 2018),dimviii (17th May 2018),EstWRC (17th May 2018),kiil (17th May 2018),kure91 (17th May 2018),Micke_VOC (18th May 2018)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx1979 View Post
    Max Vatanen is Ari's son. He's not winning any titles or competing at the top is he? His father was a bad a$$ mutha fugga in rallying. I even know Ari personally. He himself has told me Kalle is a quick son of a gun.. literally. His father was quick too.
    I doubt Ari used those words. More likely something along the lines of "Kalle definitely hit the keynotes in the melody of rallying" :-)
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

14. Likes: AnttiL (17th May 2018),Jeppe (20th May 2018),pantealex (17th May 2018),Rallyper (17th May 2018),stefanvv (17th May 2018),the sniper (17th May 2018)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    I doubt Ari used those words. More likely something along the lines of "Kalle definitely hit the keynotes in the melody of rallying" :-)
    A man of humble words out of what I´ve seen of him. Yes.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

16. Likes: pantealex (17th May 2018)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartusvuori View Post
    Wow, you nailed it! That is actually exactly what he said.

18. Likes: AnttiL (17th May 2018),Hartusvuori (17th May 2018),pantealex (17th May 2018),Rallyper (17th May 2018)