Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187
Results 1,861 to 1,868 of 1868
    Liked 591 Times in 339 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    How is the punishment incredibly harsh? If I understood correctly, they'll lose the points only if they'll repeat the same infringment over the course of the season, which is extremely unlikely to happen. The fine means close to nothing for Ogier, maybe a bit more for Lukyanuk. In Ogier's case, he went close to being forcibly excluded, and I'm sure he's very glad the penalty consists only in this.
    Maybe I misunderstood, but I read it as they will lose points if they have any more regulations violations.

Some countries still have idiotic laws from the past which are not enforced so if out highest legal system has leverage, so should this one.

It is not a competition in who can interpret the rules in the truest way to how FIA interpret them. It is a competition in who can be the quickest on the stages on equal terms. This is where the rules should be harsh, not for ridiculous things like time cards and a GoPro on your dashboard.

Liked 370 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I think it would be the best for everyone just to call it ”WRC Rally Kenya”
    Spot on.

Liked 231 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    It is not a competition in who can interpret the rules in the truest way to how FIA interpret them. It is a competition in who can be the quickest on the stages on equal terms. This is where the rules should be harsh, not for ridiculous things like time cards and a GoPro on your dashboard.
    You make it sound like excluding a driver for not having his time card is some obscure mean hidden deep inside the regulations that no one knows about, when in reality it's very simple. If right now in Ypres Rally, Princen or Cronin would forget their time card at a time control, they'd be excluded, period. The reason why we very rarely see something like that, it's because it's a silly and stupid mistake that codrivers rarely make.
    And this would have happened to Ogier in Sardinia as well, if it wasn't for Tanak. Thanks to him, stewards decided to give this "half penalty" to Ogier and grace him.
    I don't know enough about what Lukyanuk did, so I can't say anything about his case.

Liked 909 Times in 636 Posts
    If right now in Ypres Rally, Princen or Cronin would forget their time card at a time control, they'd be excluded, period.
    There is no such rule in FIA regulations. The time card is only to have at next TC. Please stop speculating about this, it was already discussed thorough in Sardegna thread.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 231 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    There is no such rule in FIA regulations. The time card is only to have at next TC.
    Alright: if Princen or Cronin would leave leave their time cards at time control, and arrive to the next one without them (which is what normally would happen if you forget your time card), they would be excluded. I wouldn't be surprised if some stewards in some rallies wouldn't even accept a time card taxi drive as Tanak did, and exclude the driver who forgot his time card anyway.

Liked 909 Times in 636 Posts
    Alright: if Princen or Cronin would leave leave their time cards at time control, and arrive to the next one without them (which is what normally would happen if you forget your time card), they would be excluded. I wouldn't be surprised if some stewards in some rallies wouldn't even accept a time card taxi drive as Tanak did, and exclude the driver who forgot his time card anyway.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah. It was silly mistake by Ingrassia reading his notes for 100 time and not paying attention to this simple thing, He admitted it himself. If some stewards refuse to give it to someone else, it's their right, no one will blame them, it's only human will. There is no such rule regulated either.

In my country we have a saying - Makes an elephant from a fly
    Last edited by stefanvv; Yesterday at 14:48.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

7. Likes: steve.mandzij (Yesterday)
    Liked 619 Times in 275 Posts
    ^
    ^
    The Butter'fly' Effect

Liked 72 Times in 34 Posts
    The Sardegna time card case shows us the exact reason Stewards are at events. Yes, there are regulations, but they can't cover all situations, moreover sometimes there are extenuating circumstances. So, at one event the Stewards may decide on exclusion for this (as outside assistance) at another they may apply a different penalty. What the Stewards couldn't do was say, 'ah it was a simple mistake, no advantage received, we'll let the team off with a warning'. Imagine how the other WRC teams would react! So, IMHO the Stewards made the best 'political' decision. They handed down a quite severe penalty, but suspended its application unless the team misbehaved again.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen