Page 114 of 237 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 2367
    Liked 105 Times in 53 Posts
    I just accept that it's going to happen in some years, and while some of the experience is lost I think the sport will still be fun to watch and/or drive. If there was some other futuristic way to power racing cars that kept things the same forever, I'd prefer that, but I don't see it.

N.O.T what do you think manu's are gonna do in 10 years when half their sales are coming from electric, or in 20 years when it's 75%? Keep making petrol WRC's?

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    Petrol?! For sure! Combustion engines not so sure, new biofuels are just around the corner afaik, Mazda is very keen on algae biofuel and they were making several moves to help it being mass produced.
    May I ask how a petrol non-combustion engine is supposed to work?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

3. Likes: pantealex (16th March 2018)
    Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    May I ask how a petrol non-combustion engine is supposed to work?
    Im not and engineer but are there not already engines running on biofuels not petrol-based?! I guess if some manufacteurs are pumping money into it there may be some possibilities .

Im not and engineer but are there not already engines running on biofuels not petrol-based?! I guess if some manufacteurs are pumping money into it there may be some possibilities .
    That was not the question

Every engine which burns something is combustion one by principle. I asked because I do not know about any serial petrol/diesel/bio-fuel engine which is not based on combustion principle.

Anyway I am strongly against bio fuels as they are known now. They made much more harm than good and the only thing they have been good for is to tunnel billions on subsidies.

6. Likes: AnttiL (16th March 2018)
    Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    That was not the question

Every engine which burns something is combustion one by principle. I asked because I do not know about any serial petrol/diesel/bio-fuel engine which is not based on combustion principle.

Anyway I am strongly against bio fuels as they are known now. They made much more harm than good and the only thing they have been good for is to tunnel billions on subsidies.
    I understand, however wont you agree that a mini-algae fuel, neutral in terms of CO2 emissions, can be an interesting alternative aswell?!

Sorry for the off-topic.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Sorry for the off-topic.
    Not at all, nothing is happening in the rally world and it is nice to discuss some related topic from time to time.

9. Likes: cali (16th March 2018),Francis44 (16th March 2018)
    I understand, however wont you agree that a mini-algae fuel, neutral in terms of CO2 emissions, can be an interesting alternative aswell?!

Sorry for the off-topic.
    For the moment it sounds a bit like perpetuum mobile to me but for sure I don't have enough chemical background and information to judge.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    When there is something done by a human or something burnt, there will always be a siginificant amount of CO2. Not such a big issue as diesel NOx imho.

BTW, what is the composition of Panta racing fuel this season. I remember something E85 like, anyway bioethanol had quite a big percentage in it.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 16th March 2018 at 14:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    When there is something done by a human or something burnt, there will always be a siginificant amount of CO2. Not such a big issue as diesel NOx imho.
    Sure but I understand that the Audi research mentioned by Francis and Stefan is focusing on algaes which live from consuming CO2 and by that creating bio-mass for the fuel - i.e. sort of a zero-sum CO2 cycle. I do not have enough background to judge whether such idea is realistic or not.

What I can say is that there is definitely enough oil for many more decades and it's not the lack of it what drives the development of alternatives.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirungi okwogera View Post
    N.O.T what do you think manu's are gonna do in 10 years when half their sales are coming from electric, or in 20 years when it's 75%? Keep making petrol WRC's?
    That alternative universe you are in has cows producing chocolate milk ? because if they do i would love to join you.

14. Likes: Francis44 (16th March 2018),raybak (18th March 2018),sonnybobiche (16th March 2018),Timmy (16th March 2018)