Page 129 of 237 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2367
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Ostbergs daddy pays... not hard to figure it out... even for a british person.
    I'm not British so I take your remark as a compliment for my English language skills. Either way, I haven't read about him paying for his seat so I didn't take it for a fact. It is a fair assumption though.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Didn't I already reply this in another thread? Mads's Citroen even had Adapta stickers in Sweden. It's quite obvious he funds at least parts of his Citroen drives.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    I'm not British so I take your remark as a compliment for my English language skills. Either way, I haven't read about him paying for his seat so I didn't take it for a fact. It is a fair assumption though.
    unfortunately it was the way of thinking (or not) that gave me a hint... who would pay ostberg to drive and why ?

unfortunately it was the way of thinking (or not) that gave me a hint... who would pay ostberg to drive and why ?
    Well, he is the only driver with new generation car experience that isn't already tied to another team. It could have been that Citroen realised that two cars are not enough. Long-term it would make more sense to get in a young gun, short-term Ostberg is the only real choice this season.

But again, him paying does make more sense considering that Citroen looks to have written off the season before it started and are just looking for some event wins.

You win the argument. Feel free to gloom.

Edit: Feel free to be smug. See my English is not that good.
    Last edited by Watson; 18th April 2018 at 15:30.

친애하는 지도자
    You win the argument.
    i am used to it kid... i do not celebrate anymore.

6. Likes: dimviii (18th April 2018),EstWRC (18th April 2018),pantealex (19th April 2018)
    i am used to it kid... i do not celebrate anymore.
    Way to claim not to be smug while implying the complete opposite. An unheard of piece of rhetoric. I stand in awe.

Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    I followed the discussion on the 2018 Rally GB route here, but did not have a chance to read the actual Autosport article until now and has got to say I am firmly with the organisers here – what a missed opportunity it would be, if FIA does not agree to something along those lines. I think it would be a fantastic challenge for the drivers, who would presumably have to tackle it on used gravel tyres and obviously gravel suspension – I would absolutely relish the sight of full gravel spec cars on tarmac, which would remind me of what rallying used to be when I started following it more than 35 years ago. It will once again sort the men from the boys just as the night stages last year. And it will be worth the additional bonus points
    Also, I see nothing wrong with bringing the sport to the people – once again, when rallying was the real deal, it didn’t just stay in the forest, it went everywhere, including towns, so when it is finally allowed to do so in the UK and the organisers want to maximise on this opportunity by doing it using the power stage, I think they should be applauded, not booed .
    I vote “for”!

How about they do it alike Spain and they make Sunday all tarmac stages with a longer service on Saturday night to change the car to asphalt spec? Mixed events are pretty interesting and if there's a full day of asphalt stages the power stage would still be representative of the rally.

I agree with Nick though, the guys wrestling gravel spec cars on asphalt also sounds like quite a spectacle.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRally View Post
    I followed the discussion on the 2018 Rally GB route here, but did not have a chance to read the actual Autosport article until now and has got to say I am firmly with the organisers here – what a missed opportunity it would be, if FIA does not agree to something along those lines. I think it would be a fantastic challenge for the drivers, who would presumably have to tackle it on used gravel tyres and obviously gravel suspension – I would absolutely relish the sight of full gravel spec cars on tarmac, which would remind me of what rallying used to be when I started following it more than 35 years ago. It will once again sort the men from the boys just as the night stages last year. And it will be worth the additional bonus points
    Also, I see nothing wrong with bringing the sport to the people – once again, when rallying was the real deal, it didn’t just stay in the forest, it went everywhere, including towns, so when it is finally allowed to do so in the UK and the organisers want to maximise on this opportunity by doing it using the power stage, I think they should be applauded, not booed .
    I vote “for”!
    Dear Nick, this stage used to be run before and there is nothing wrong about that. The point is that it's really strange to have a power stage which is by its character a complete opposite of the whole rally. It's a stage for which extra points are awarded therefore it shall at least follow the general idea of the event and not bring something completely different. Otherwise we may end with a competition for the most crazy idea for holding a power stage. Germany may be run on soft gravel or sand. Mexico may build a power stage in the city with 10 roundabouts to go around etc.

If You want to have a mixed event do it like they do in Catalunya or even better on Cyprus (especially IRC editions were great in this regard) but don't do that for one and only stage for which extra points are awarded.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

11. Likes: AnttiL (18th April 2018),pantealex (19th April 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    I stand in awe.
    i am used to that reaction as well kid... nothing new.