Page 128 of 237 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2367
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    A Welsh town on a Friday night what could possibly go wrong?!!!

Joking apart lets hope the organizers come up with an acceptable solution.
    You mean that people would drink? Is that a real issue? They do so in other countries as well including mine and we do have Friday night stages on nearly all events in the calendar.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: pantealex (17th April 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Maybe that's the issue and that they don't want a repeat of Mexico...? There would be a lot of donuts going on in the road section to wear down the tyres at least...
    If they don't want to repeat what happened in Mexico why bother with putting light chicanes. Put concrete blocks and no one will be that stupid to just push them aside. Well maybe Meeke or Lefebvre.

Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
    Mirek you got me wrong. I was saying totally the opposite. I'm totally with you on the subject. I was referring to the fact that to get more people in they are ready to transform this sport into a circus, especially with all that SSS. I was just disappointed that so many people struggle with the real nature of the sport and every passing year they are trying to make a mess of it. Think about the endurance element. 24 hour Le Mans and cycling live on that and there's no problem but they are so eager to copy formula 1 or motogp. They need to understand that this is another sport and work on its strenghts. Not to talk about chicanes as if the drivers aren't able to read the road and slow down or are they stupid. If the drivers say it's all ok for them so what's the problem I'm not against "bringing rally to people" and I'm aware of the benefits but to read things like that said by insiders makes you think.

5. Likes: AndyRAC (17th April 2018),Mirek (17th April 2018)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    If they don't want to repeat what happened in Mexico why bother with putting light chicanes. Put concrete blocks and no one will be that stupid to just push them aside. Well maybe Meeke or Lefebvre.
    They just need to contact the Finns and rent the Valtra chicane.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

7. Likes: pantealex (18th April 2018)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Traxx - WR is Free

Dani Sordo would have received a proposal from Prodrive to ride with a Renault in rally cross next year, the Spaniard says he wants to continue in rally https://buff.ly/2JSbQIH

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    They just need to contact the Finns and rent the Valtra chicane.
    The hollow barriers in Mexico could have been filled with sand or water, rigid enough to slow a car down and not move too much yet soft enough to not cause too much damage.

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    British humour.

Nothing would please me more than a Friday night super special like Barum or Azores etc. The closest we have come is the stage on Blackpool prom on the NorthWest Stages but Blackpool in February is somewhere to be avoided certainly weather wise!
    I remember watching at the prom a few years ago, and there was a decent number watching, anyway, an old bloke was asking people whether somebody had fallen in the sea......Couldn't get his head around the fact people were entertained by people watching fast cars....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    Mads Ostberg start Portugal + Sardegna with Citroen Racing C3WRC ► http://bit.ly/2HbxLsL

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbmarcus21 View Post
    Mads Ostberg start Portugal + Sardegna with Citroen Racing C3WRC ► http://bit.ly/2HbxLsL
    So they give Ostberg a third car on a number of events but Breen has to sit out when Loeb comes in? Unless Ostberg pays for his drive this just doesn't make much sense.

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    So they give Ostberg a third car on a number of events but Breen has to sit out when Loeb comes in? Unless Ostberg pays for his drive this just doesn't make much sense.
    Ostbergs daddy pays... not hard to figure it out... even for a british person.

14. Likes: WRC1 (18th April 2018)