Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 728
  1. #371
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,178
    Like
    363
    Liked 184 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    I'm partly French but I don't get that. They are only happy if it's a French driver in a French car. I think that's still the biggest reason Citroen turned down Mikkelsen and are holding on to Lefebvre eventhough he's clearly not delivering.
    For me you're wong. Ogier lack of popularity is due to his fight with Loeb mainly, and then to who he is (arrogant, unfriendly, ...). Nobody cares about the manufacturarer.
    But things are changing now. Fight with Loeb is far away. He received to win with two manufacturarers, moreover with "small" M-Sport. Media payed more attention to him at the end of this season.


    But I'm not that CitroŽn winning with and outsider would have specific media attention. Fernando Alonso was very popular during his Renault era - still is - but that was formula 1. WRC has less attention and top french contenders. So I guess Meeke, Breen or anyone else World Champion with CitroŽn wouldn't get as much attention. Only to ask why Ogier isn't in.

  2. Likes: Gregor-y (16th December 2017)
  3. #372
    Senior Member Gregor-y's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    919
    Like
    118
    Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vino_93 View Post
    For me you're wong. Ogier lack of popularity is due to his fight with Loeb mainly, and then to who he is (arrogant, unfriendly, ...). Nobody cares about the manufacturarer.
    But things are changing now. Fight with Loeb is far away. He received to win with two manufacturarers, moreover with "small" M-Sport. Media payed more attention to him at the end of this season.
    Over the last thirty years did French fans ignore Auriol and Delecour? Ragnotti and Loeb were exceptional since they stayed with one (and a French) manufacturer for their careers, but that alone wouldn't explain Ogier's lack of popularity, so I think it was a result of fighting with Loeb at Citroen.

    And then there's Panizzi...

  4. #373
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    3,561
    Like
    1,529
    Liked 2,877 Times in 1,286 Posts
    i wonder if there will be any livery changes and if we will see them before the season launch on autosport show on 11th January...although i think they wont change much, maybe m-sport does surprise again with a new one? they have always done that....i hope Toyota improves its livery, they have by faaar the worst one, so messy and that microsoft logo is just out of place. Looks a lot better in plain white testing version.

  5. #374
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,040
    Like
    17
    Liked 106 Times in 77 Posts
    Driving Mikkelsen's i20 to the supermarket in Sydney, Aus - yawn
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/606796/d...hrough-sydney/

  6. #375
    Senior Member GravelBen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    334
    Like
    274
    Liked 356 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeakiwi View Post
    Driving Mikkelsen's i20 to the supermarket in Sydney, Aus - yawn
    http://www.caradvice.com.au/606796/d...hrough-sydney/
    They took Paddon's car through a mcdonalds drivethrough last year didn't they?

  7. #376
    Senior Member RAS007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    550
    Like
    161
    Liked 161 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor-y View Post
    Over the last thirty years did French fans ignore Auriol and Delecour? Ragnotti and Loeb were exceptional since they stayed with one (and a French) manufacturer for their careers, but that alone wouldn't explain Ogier's lack of popularity, so I think it was a result of fighting with Loeb at Citroen.

    And then there's Panizzi...

    Panizzi was not very well liked.............by anyone really.

  8. #377
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    309
    Like
    7
    Liked 55 Times in 27 Posts
    Could it be that Ogier signed a lower deal than what he hoped knowing already something for 2019 (and having no other choices)? ie focus on keeping active for 2018 and have a go at the title but mainly preparing a "come back" with a manufacturer in 2019 (skoda...).

  9. #378
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    774
    Like
    763
    Liked 409 Times in 197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    Could it be that Ogier signed a lower deal than what he hoped knowing already something for 2019 (and having no other choices)? ie focus on keeping active for 2018 and have a go at the title but mainly preparing a "come back" with a manufacturer in 2019 (skoda...).
    Possible that Hyundai move for him in 2019 when Sordo and Paddons contracts expire, especially if they go yet another year without a championship win. Can't see Seb at Toyota now at all and if Ford haven't returned as a full manufacturer after this year, I doubt they'll come back next year. Also think 2019 is too early for a Skoda entry. 2020 would seem most likely so they can have ample time to test the car and make sure it's ready (unless they've already been developing a wrc car behind the scenes that nobody knows about).

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  10. Likes: AnttiL (20th December 2017),WRC1 (20th December 2017)
  11. #379
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    315
    Like
    0
    Liked 180 Times in 91 Posts
    New cars from 2020. I doubt that Škoda would come earlier than that. But is that deal lower...salary should be ok, apart from Toyota, others couldn`t afford him, except maybe already overcrowded Hyundai, which why we know why that didn`t happen. They got more tech. support and money from Ford and developing should continue properly...should be ok.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 20th December 2017 at 15:23.

  12. Likes: AnttiL (20th December 2017)
  13. #380
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    944
    Like
    1
    Liked 187 Times in 103 Posts
    This current formula of cars are fixed for 5 years, not till 2020.

  14. Likes: RICARDO75 (20th December 2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •