Page 182 of 237 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 2367
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    Looks like Ogier is trying to get him a better salary again playing by retirement or staying at M-Sport.
    You’re probably mentioning this: https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...port-or-retire

Sometimes Evans mix old quotes with recent ones on his pieces, so it’s not easy to know if Ogier is still considering pulling out from rally. I believe he isn’t, but having these constant rumours about a possible retirement of the WRC champion is becoming annoying and doesn’t favor the series. Hope one of these days Ogier will come out and say he’s more than happy to continue for a long time and that there’s nothing as exciting as the WRC!
    Rally addict since 1982

2. Likes: AnttiL (17th June 2018),sonnybobiche (15th June 2018)
    Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Ogier is a smart guy and he definitely knows how much he's worth. That said, I would be amazed if he were to go to Citroen for anything short of "never have to work again" money. Maybe not even then. He wants ten championships.

He went to MSport because he has massive respect for Malcolm Wilson and he thought the Toyota was much worse than it turned out to be. But last year they pulled off one of the greatest cinderella stories in motorsports history, and now they have significant technical backing from Ford, Ogier is still getting paid what he deserves (although probably not nearly as much as at VW considering all those victory bonuses he used to get), and he doesn't have to do any PR stuff.

IF Ogier were to return to Citroen, it would only be after ironclad assurances of a long-term commitment to the sport with enough budget and technical resources to make it a winning car. And given the might of Toyota and Hyundai, that's a very big ask. I don't envy Pierre Budar his job.

Liked 12,161 Times in 5,215 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Colin Clark "praying" for Wilson to "rescue" Meeke:

https://www.facebook.com/720282531/p...5735145107532/

It would be nice, even as a 3rd driver for 2019 if Ogier stays (Ogier-Evans-Meeke) it would be interesting for multiple reasons. I somehow doubt it though. Not like he came to "rescue" McRae after he got kicked from Citroen in 2004.
    what the hell did i just read?

And to Colin Clrak, Wilson has always invested in young upcoming drivers and he already said that he isnt interested in Meeke.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

5. Likes: AnttiL (17th June 2018),cali (22nd June 2018),OnlyRally (18th June 2018)
    Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    Except Mikkelsen & Tänak, 90% of free agent in the end of 2018 : #musicalchair ? ► http://bit.ly/2l9PDdQ

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyoda View Post
    Re Paddon
    I asked this on his FB

How does Thierry's driving style differ from yours, is your driving style closer to Andrea's and do you collaborate on setups?, Also have you solved the setup issues with i20 or is it inherently designed for a different driving style? Big Congrats on a solid drive!

His answer
    Thierry is driving somewhat straighter/smoother although equally committed. He is being efficient with the car. While my way to drive is prob closer to Andreas than Thierry, I also know it is effective if all the stars align. I have been struggling with the front diff setup for 18 months with this car now but myself and the team know the answers, but how we implement this is yet to be seen. In the meantime we have a small compromise with what is available and trying to do the best job possible with that.

IMO if you have a compromised setup you are going to leak time no matter how committed you are. I feel he still has the speed he is just not willing to throw it away in the hunt for wins like some such as Meeke.
    There is only one fastest way and it is the loeb way, the style that ogier and neuville also adapted.

Any other way is slower or more risky. As soon as he doesn't understands that he must not change the car but his driving, he won't win much rally's.
    Being committed is what tanak or neuville where a few years ago, and what meeke never managed to overcome.

8. Likes: AnttiL (17th June 2018),cali (22nd June 2018),Coach 2 (15th June 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    He went to MSport because he has massive respect for Malcolm Wilson and he thought the Toyota was much worse than it turned out to be.
    Like there was any interest from other teams. Hyundai didn't want him in 2017, neither in 2018 (but already have 4 signed drivers). Citroen, OK the joke team who think back then that Ogier will drive for free. Toyota is finish so that tells all. Only M-Sport want him badly and get him. And I'm sure if Hyundai would offer him a seat he wouldn't even consider about M-Sport at all. It was his only option.

2019 things will be different. I think if Neuville and Hyundai will win the both titles or at least one they would offer Neuville more or even don't bother giving shot to that frenchie. They have a great rival, a great car, a massive budget, a great support driver (I mean Sordo). Toyota is not in the game. Citroen is poor, they don't even have for test days. So again only option MW's Fiesta with few bucks american nascar guys and free drinks from Redbull.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    You seriously suggest that Hyundai didn`t wish a 4-time WDC and a driver who developed a 4 time manu. champ. car, with no titles since 2013, in their team? You must be joking.
    History with Citroen, not allowing to test the car and probably something else was their problem (generally bad managment again).
    And Toyota, well, he didn`t like it probably, although it seems Mäkinen wanted a finnish team that time also, like you said.

Bad managment is what made him choose M-Sport. And the fact that he has respect for Wilson also ofc.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 15th June 2018 at 21:51.

11. Likes: sonnybobiche (15th June 2018)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Ogier is in M-Sport because he wants to be there.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    You seriously suggest that Hyundai didn`t wish a 4-time WDC and a driver who developed a 4 time manu. champ. car, with no titles since 2013, in their team? You must be joking.
    History with Citroen, not allowing to test the car and probably something else was their problem (generally bad managment again).
    And Toyota, well, he didn`t like it probably, although it seems Mäkinen wanted a finnish team that time also, like you said.

Bad managment is what made him choose M-Sport. And the fact that he has respect for Wilson also ofc.
    Of course Hyundai wanted him but obviously not at all costs. They had already committed to their drivers pre-2017 and stuck by them, didn't work out as they thought last year but it's looking better for this year.

Liked 12,161 Times in 5,215 Posts
    SPOTLIGHT on current WRC tyre developments

https://rallysportmag.com/spotlight-...opments180618/
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

15. Likes: dimviii (18th June 2018),sonnybobiche (18th June 2018),the sniper (18th June 2018)