Page 113 of 237 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2367
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    In my view, M-Sport has made a huge step in securing manufacturer interest for rallying. Rallying is a method of developing technology and marketing the cars, and if the car manufacturers are going electric, they are not going to be interested in putting their money in combust engine rallying. Instead, electric rallying could spark up interest in new manufacturers.

At the same time, this change won't happen overnight, maybe not even in a decade. The technology is still new, especially to the sport. Even if WRC became all electric, all the combustion engine rally cars would not disappear and would most likely be used in historic/clubman rallies as long as there's some liquid to burn in them.

2. Likes: RS (16th March 2018)
    Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Relax, the next set of regulations will surely consist on some kind of Hybrid system (mild or not), before going all electric.

Regarding the sound, it is a known problem by manufacteurs and there are some very good engineers working to solve that, Mclaren for example has completely dismissed an all electric car for the foreseeable future until they find a solution to make it sound as exciting as there other models (even if they already have an all electric mule running).

Regarding the popularity of electric car racing, I think the low volume of engagement of the Fomrula E page of this forum is pretty self explanatory.

4. Likes: cali (16th March 2018),Fast Eddie WRC (16th March 2018)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Believe me it is boring. I saw among others exactly this car together with petrol cars on the same track and I didn't find it exciting at all.
    I do think the sound is a big part of the experience, no matter how the car performs or handles.. ie. S2000 cars were much more entertaining than R5 despite being slower.

But we can’t do anything about it, the future is electric. In the not too distant future I doubt any manufacturer will want to market a petrol car.

6. Likes: Allez Andruet (16th March 2018),AnttiL (16th March 2018)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    In the not too distant future I doubt any manufacturer will want to market a petrol car.
    Don't worry, petrol engines will be still around at least for few more decades. There is no realistic alternative now.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

8. Likes: Franky (16th March 2018),pantealex (16th March 2018),PLuto (16th March 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    In the not too distant future I doubt any manufacturer will want to market a petrol car.
    Petrol?! For sure! Combustion engines not so sure, new biofuels are just around the corner afaik, Mazda is very keen on algae biofuel and they were making several moves to help it being mass produced.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    Petrol?! For sure! Combustion engines not so sure, new biofuels are just around the corner afaik, Mazda is very keen on algae biofuel and they were making several moves to help it being mass produced.
    I hope it will not happen if we want people not to starve.

11. Likes: AnttiL (16th March 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I hope it will not happen if we want people not to starve.
    That could be a problem for sure, I would also not like to have more major holes drilled on our planet to mine lithium. I think we have made enough through the years.

13. Likes: AL14 (16th March 2018)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    That could be a problem for sure, I would also not like to have more major holes drilled on our planet to mine lithium. I think we have made enough through the years.
    Yes I know. We have huge issues in these regards and we are not dealing with them enough and effectively.

Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Regarding the popularity of electric car racing, I think the low volume of engagement of the Fomrula E page of this forum is pretty self explanatory.
    Whereas on the Autosport forum the Mexican E-Prix got 3 pages of comments - WRC Mexico got a handful of comments. I actually find it staggering that people are more interested in 'scaletrix' racing than WRC. I think it's doing a lot better than many on here may realise.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Whereas on the Autosport forum the Mexican E-Prix got 3 pages of comments - WRC Mexico got a handful of comments. I actually find it staggering that people are more interested in 'scaletrix' racing than WRC. I think it's doing a lot better than many on here may realise.
    What is true is that FE promoters are doing a fantastic job promoting what they are given, they know it's difficult to promote the series (empty stands), so they are spending quite a lot of money on social media (some of the comments of the FE twitter page are from people being paid to do so).

Also, having celebs like Leonardo Dicaprio or Orlando bloom attending the races via invite does wonders for you sport you know smh.