Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 349
  1. #211
    Senior Member PLuto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Zlin
    Posts
    6,288
    Like
    117
    Liked 1,256 Times in 612 Posts
    I dont know actual price for JWRC next year, but with this year price you can do easily 3-4 ERC races with R5, maybe more...

  2. Likes: pantealex (6th December 2017)
  3. #212
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sleezattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,196
    Like
    522
    Liked 417 Times in 231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Also doing the JWRC gives you good media coverage.

    It does? to be honest I have no idea at all about ANYTHING about JWRC..
    Nothing about the cars, nothing about their spec--what is allowed to mod what isn't who and importantly costs of car, engine suspension and entries..
    I read something--the regs oddly enough--shocking for the thing called Dubya Arsey Academy which to me looked like a scheme to make 1/4 million dollars off of rich people to drive in near last place over-all just so they can claim they are "Dubya Arsey Drajver" ...is that the same as JWRC?
    What cars? what costs?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

  4. #213
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    261
    Like
    0
    Liked 148 Times in 74 Posts
    Identical R2T Fiestas prepared by M-Sport with Pirelli tyres next year. Competitors are chosen, winner gets to own a new Fiesta mk8 R5+ fuel and tyres from Pirell. Quite tempting...

  5. #214
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,296
    Like
    911
    Liked 1,075 Times in 516 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I dont know actual price for JWRC next year, but with this year price you can do easily 3-4 ERC races with R5, maybe more...
    That's why I said WRC2. ERC is just a hardcore rally fan thing or a regional thing in countries without a WRC rally.

    If you get to top 5 in WRC2, even if you are 10 minutes behind the leader, you get your name on the WRC TV broadcast. And if you get to top 3, you'll get driving footage as well

  6. #215
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sleezattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,196
    Like
    522
    Liked 417 Times in 231 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Identical R2T Fiestas prepared by M-Sport with Pirelli tyres next year. Competitors are chosen, winner gets to own a new Fiesta mk8 R5+ fuel and tyres from Pirell. Quite tempting...
    Don't understand because you begin with a sentence fragment. I understand about the "WRC Academy" having read their regs and costs structure...as i said it seems like a money grab..I was asking more about the Junior WRC--and what were costs.. Like lease a car for $xxxxxxx, entry $xxxx etc
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

  7. #216
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    925
    Like
    1
    Liked 180 Times in 96 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Don't understand because you begin with a sentence fragment. I understand about the "WRC Academy" having read their regs and costs structure...as i said it seems like a money grab..I was asking more about the Junior WRC--and what were costs.. Like lease a car for $xxxxxxx, entry $xxxx etc
    You mean like these very public details? How should they have informed the world? A personal letter to you?

    http://www.m-sport.co.uk/m-sport-new...y-championship

  8. #217
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    261
    Like
    0
    Liked 148 Times in 74 Posts
    In addition there are R2 challenges in national events, also with quite tempting amounts (to use in JWRC or JERC). So all in all, pretty much perfect to show yourself to manus and when really lucky, grab the prize.

  9. #218
    Senior Member PLuto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Zlin
    Posts
    6,288
    Like
    117
    Liked 1,256 Times in 612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    That's why I said WRC2. ERC is just a hardcore rally fan thing or a regional thing in countries without a WRC rally.

    If you get to top 5 in WRC2, even if you are 10 minutes behind the leader, you get your name on the WRC TV broadcast. And if you get to top 3, you'll get driving footage as well
    I dont think so. Bryan Bouffier was hugely disappointed with media coverage and everything around after his third place on Monte...

  10. Likes: RS (7th December 2017)
  11. #219
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    292
    Like
    114
    Liked 79 Times in 44 Posts
    FIA: From next season, drivers entered with R5 cars who are not registered in the FIA WRC 2 Championship, or who have not been entered by a registered WRC 2 Team during the year, may use any tyre brand, including those not nominated by the FIA for the WRC. This will ensure more local drivers have the possibility to compete in WRC events.

    Wouldn't that be a good idea for R1 R2 R3 R4 as well ... ?

  12. Likes: Maui J. (9th December 2017)
  13. #220
    Senior Member Andre Oliveira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,404
    Like
    1,240
    Liked 2,021 Times in 958 Posts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •