Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273
Results 721 to 729 of 729
  1. #721
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    860
    Like
    96
    Liked 530 Times in 290 Posts
    So now with WRC+ All live, will we see crews that are waiting before the start of the stage watching live from the cars that started before them?

    I'd say most certainly we will. We have already seen this for example in Finland town SS.

    Will FIA try to ban it in some way, like they did with in-car splits? Should it be banned?

    It certainly changes the "spirit" of rallying, but so does endless recce-videos and WRC+ watching to the point where crews remember the stages. But it's probably hard to to enforce any ban without some excessive measures.

  2. Likes: lankey555 (19th January 2018)
  3. #722
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    243
    Like
    17
    Liked 87 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    So now with WRC+ All live, will we see crews that are waiting before the start of the stage watching live from the cars that started before them?

    I'd say most certainly we will. We have already seen this for example in Finland town SS.

    Will FIA try to ban it in some way, like they did with in-car splits? Should it be banned?

    It certainly changes the "spirit" of rallying, but so does endless recce-videos and WRC+ watching to the point where crews remember the stages. But it's probably hard to to enforce any ban without some excessive measures.
    Wow... never considered that! Yeah, it could make a very unlevel playing field.
    It is possible that they have a ban similar to this years Dakar?

  4. #723
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    775
    Like
    764
    Liked 409 Times in 197 Posts
    Talking about all stages being live, will this mean the gaps between the WRC crews will be increased on every single stage now? Good for T.V. but a tad annoying if you're out on the stages, particularly if it's in the freezing cold or driving rain.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  5. #724
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    243
    Like
    17
    Liked 87 Times in 48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    So now with WRC+ All live, will we see crews that are waiting before the start of the stage watching live from the cars that started before them?

    I'd say most certainly we will. We have already seen this for example in Finland town SS.

    Will FIA try to ban it in some way, like they did with in-car splits? Should it be banned?

    It certainly changes the "spirit" of rallying, but so does endless recce-videos and WRC+ watching to the point where crews remember the stages. But it's probably hard to to enforce any ban without some excessive measures.
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Talking about all stages being live, will this mean the gaps between the WRC crews will be increased on every single stage now? Good for T.V. but a tad annoying if you're out on the stages, particularly if it's in the freezing cold or driving rain.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    I donít understand why it will lead to an increase in gaps. Would you mind explaining? Cheers...

  6. #725
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    775
    Like
    764
    Liked 409 Times in 197 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by car View Post
    I donít understand why it will lead to an increase in gaps. Would you mind explaining? Cheers...
    Normally on live tv stages they increase the gaps between cars so they can show more of each driver.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  7. #726
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,427
    Like
    1,078
    Liked 1,202 Times in 575 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Normally on live tv stages they increase the gaps between cars so they can show more of each driver.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    We must understand that not all stages will be a similar production as current live TV stages. We'll see helicopter footage, in car and maybe one ground mounted camera, not multiple cameras like on the current live stages. That won't need an increase in start gaps.

    As for watching stages live while waiting for start, I think the crews currently do it at the power stages. Also, Neuviille knew in Wales before starting the Power Stage that Ogier had finished and would be the champion.

  8. Likes: the sniper (19th January 2018)
  9. #727
    Senior Member Watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    375
    Like
    0
    Liked 231 Times in 116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    We must understand that not all stages will be a similar production as current live TV stages. We'll see helicopter footage, in car and maybe one ground mounted camera, not multiple cameras like on the current live stages. That won't need an increase in start gaps.
    I suppose a lot of drone camera work as well since they deliver nice close up footage and they are easy to set up and moved from one stage to another.

  10. Likes: A FONDO (Yesterday)
  11. #728
    Senior Member A FONDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,096
    Like
    2,587
    Liked 343 Times in 222 Posts
    Yeah, we do not need expensive helicopters for every stage. Most of us are happy with a single camera on facebook live. Just a sequence of 2-3 mounted cameras at a suitable place + onboard before and after that. Easy filled two minutes.

  12. #729
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    254
    Like
    0
    Liked 63 Times in 44 Posts
    2018 will be quite interesting from both Toyota and Hyundai. And Citroen too. M-Sport Ford quite stable team at the moment. No real pressures. Everyone knows where is their place. Jari and Ott now are in the pre-war or something before it even starts. Hyundai's Thierry and Mikkelsen thinks that they can manage their friendship through competition untouched but I think that this will change. Citroen quite unstable, everything is a mess, no real backup if Meeke or Breen go down (we all know where this is heading). Changing bosses seats will do more mess. If Loeb will have no pace or will crash it will be more messier.

    But I think it will be unpredictable year too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •