Page 90 of 161 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast
    Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    and traffic from the spectating public was forwarded to our servers
    Well, I guess that's what happens if I start reading and commenting before finishing my first coffee. Somehow I totally missed that part, thanks for bolding it our for me.

No need for the names of the people in WRC who screwed up, as it seems I was the one who screwed up even the most basic task of reading.

2. Likes: sonnybobiche (13th February 2018),the sniper (13th February 2018)
    Liked 1,775 Times in 816 Posts
    So if I understood correctly the WRC site was constructed in a way that every time you reloaded the splits page it made a request to the RallySafe API to load the times, whereas they could and should have had just one connection from the WRC site to RallySafe API and saved the times to WRC site for the public requests. The WRC site can handle heavy traffic, RallySafe API is not designed for that.

4. Likes: Gregor-y (15th February 2018),Rally Hokkaido (13th February 2018),the sniper (13th February 2018)
    M-Sport WRC Champions Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Liked 4,103 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    I think the article explains how it happened pretty well?
    How it happened, yes. But not why it happened.

6. Likes: sonnybobiche (13th February 2018)
    Liked 1,695 Times in 793 Posts
    Interesting interview with Wayne Christie, new president of FIA Rally commission: https://rallysportmag.com/interview-...es-commission/

8. Likes: Mirek (15th February 2018),Rally Hokkaido (15th February 2018)

Liked 5,518 Times in 2,325 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Interesting interview with Wayne Christie, new president of FIA Rally commission: https://rallysportmag.com/interview-...es-commission/
    It's going to be interesting to see someone "from the other side of the barricade" in this post. He's someone well aware of what real issues of rallying in distant countries are and that is for sure a positive thing. So in this moment I wish him good luck.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

11. Likes: AndyRAC (15th February 2018),Rally Hokkaido (15th February 2018)
    Liked 459 Times in 282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    New president = same idiot.

“In my country we developed the AP4 concept. Now we have nine or 10 different makes involved. All the cars look different. I understand that a lot of the local distributors have got behind this concept, which is a good thing.

“My role is to encourage the growth of rallying round the world. The FIA, however, speaks about global concepts of competition cars such as 1.6 turbo engines. It hasn’t been lost on me that Australasia has gone off in a different direction!

“While the AP4 concept is being developed, there is a three year moratorium and many cars use 1.8 litre engines, but from the 2020 season cars will need to have a 1.6 litre engine to be classified as AP4.

“Part of the problem is that the 1.6 engines have been very expensive and relatively unreliable. People prefer to downsize a 1.8 engine which is a bit more reliable, doesn’t cost quite as much, but certainly there is only a place for the 1.6 engines from the 2020 season.”
    No wonder if people in Asia-Pacific treat him like a traitor. They have developed a working solution with big interest in it, but now it must be destroyed because some lobby of people in France chose the number 1600 and want to force everyone to obey it. Such a dark-age catholicism.
    Last edited by A FONDO; 15th February 2018 at 08:42.

13. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (15th February 2018)
    Liked 59 Times in 28 Posts

Liked 1,822 Times in 784 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    If it will be special as it used to be it would be a strong addiction to the championship and very much welcome.
    If it has to be the same as other rallys than it's not that great news.

16. Likes: sonnybobiche (15th February 2018)
    Liked 1,775 Times in 816 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    If it will be special as it used to be it would be a strong addiction to the championship and very much welcome.
    In the 80's and early 90's Safari had as much competitive kilometres as the whole WRC season. It's not going to work. The past is gone, just accept it, let it go and move forwards.

This is the candidate event. All closed special stages like modern rallies, no driving without helmets on open roads. 200 stage kms. https://www.ewrc-results.com/timetab...ri-rally-2018/ Of course it would be a bit longer as a WRC event, but probably mostly the same.