Page 174 of 237 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2367
    Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    It is circling around about Paddon and Citroen. But I don't know how they could allow to drive for different manu while signed for the whole season. Maybe it's just because they start following him and people assume it's something like that.

I'm curious especially because I think that this will not be a good move if it's really happen. Seems that he is start to adapt to this new i20, little late but if he go away he will need to start all over again.
    Paddon is most likely bringing money from Hyundai NZ, so he is not getting paid. He might get a free drive with Citroen. He knows his days are most likely numbered at Hyundai, but to be honest, it will be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Also, Finland wouldn't be the place to go to to learn the car... putting it in the trees will end his career.

Liked 649 Times in 311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wrc2017 View Post
    Paddon is most likely bringing money from Hyundai NZ, so he is not getting paid. He might get a free drive with Citroen. He knows his days are most likely numbered at Hyundai, but to be honest, it will be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Also, Finland wouldn't be the place to go to to learn the car... putting it in the trees will end his career.
    Paddon for sure is getting paid - and well paid - at Hyundai.

To think any other way is naive.

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    Paddon for sure is getting paid - and well paid - at Hyundai.

To think any other way is naive.
    by the importer maybe

Liked 649 Times in 311 Posts
    I'm sure he gets money from them as well, but for sure he's on a nice contract from Hyundai motorsport, too.

5. Likes: Mk2 RS2000 (12th June 2018)
    Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Has anyone stopped to think that perhaps Hyundai have developed some more transmission options for their car than were available last year and that they may have recently introduced them which is why Sordo, Mikklesen and Paddon now find the car more drivable and that is why Neuville is more consistent.
    Things happen for reasons, not excuses.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    In the last days in the Assistance Park of Alghero, home of the Rally Italia Sardegna 2018, rumors have emerged regarding Citroen's interest in Hayden Paddon. The French team would have identified the New Zealander as the ideal driver to replace the fired Kris Meeke.
    The choice of what will become the first pilot of the Satory team will be made in the next two weeks, as stated by Citroen team principal, Pierre Budar. In the last few hours Michel Nandan, Hyundai Motorsport team principal, put a brake on the track that would have brought Paddon to Satory.
    Read also:
    Citroen looks to the future: replacing Meeke is looking for Hayden Paddon
    The Alzenau team has unveiled at Motorsport.com that it has no intention of depriving itself of Paddon during this season. "What I can say is that all our drivers are under the Hyundai contract, so it seems a bit difficult for me to think we can let Paddon go."
    Nandan has added to the price, saying that he will not let Hayden go even if he were to ask if he could go away to play all the remaining races of the season: "Other teams may have interest in Paddon, but it's a bit difficult that He could go away, and even if he were to ask him to leave, it would be impossible. "
    Uncertainty about the number of pilots for 2019
    If Nandan was categorical for 2018, the situation is different for the next season. It is certain that the Korean team will not be able to deploy 4 official cars for all 4 drivers for reasons related to the budget.
    "We still have to make a decision about our drivers for the next season, but what we are sure is that we will not be able to field four cars.
    It is so interesting to see which direction Nandan and members will take: confirm all 4 drivers (remembering that Andreas Mikkelsen can claim a contract for next season) or choose three for the same number of cars?
    "We will not go beyond the 3 cars and we still do not know if we will continue with a management of 4 drivers for three cars or if we will make the conventional 3 cars with as many drivers".

https://ch-it.motorsport.com/wrc/new..._content=ch_it

8. Likes: AnttiL (13th June 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Thank god..

Now next thing.

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...l-jumps-banned

It says 'drivers' when only two drivers complain and guess, one of those two is Ogier... Ott clearly break the car but that's the part of championship that you need to control jumps, am I right?

10. Likes: sonnybobiche (12th June 2018)
    Liked 12,162 Times in 5,216 Posts
    no, you are wrong again like always

so Paddon to Citroen in 2019 rumours starting already, didnt take a long time, eh?

Like Nandan says they cant afford 4 cars for a full season. So either Sordo retires or Paddon goes to Citroen then.

i think Sordo said somewhere that he isnt interested anymore doing a full season?
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    Up and Down ! We are now in 2018 #WRC Mid-Season .. Special review to read here ► http://bit.ly/2MoeeIe

13. Likes: spiderem (12th June 2018)
    Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Hum it will be interesting at the end of the season, to see how Hyundai will manage in terms of championship in case of last rally decider.
    What is more important for them, manufacturer or driver? We may see the same situation as Loeb / Citroen in 2003.
    Food for thoughts.
    The summer break is already too long...