Page 37 of 237 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post

But in the end he got more WRC2 points than all the younger drivers except Tidemand...he surely improved towards the end of the season, getting many good drives where he wasn't going for WRC2 points (Sardegna, Finland and Catalunya).

It's actually interesting that the biggest screw ups he made were in Monte Carlo and Tour de Corse, which everyone expects to be his strongest rallies
    Makes me think he can´t handle the pressure put on his shoulders. Easier to make good drives when you´re not driving for important points.
    I really do hope there´s some sense in the rumours of Skoda WRC. Not for Camilli but for other good drivers.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

2. Likes: AnttiL (15th December 2017)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Makes me think he can´t handle the pressure put on his shoulders. Easier to make good drives when you´re not driving for important points.
    I really do hope there´s some sense in the rumours of Skoda WRC. Not for Camilli but for other good drivers.
    I'm thinking the same thing. There are a lot of exciting drivers around and to fit them all it would take abother team. Trouble is I think with five teams there is always going to be one team that is gonna look pretty bad and might pull the plug. Already now I don't know what would happen if Citroen can't manage to make amends to the C3, or Hyundai HQ might get impatient if they won't start winning titles soon. Then again it's good to know that there are backup options around.

4. Likes: AnttiL (15th December 2017)
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomhlord View Post
    A shame. Ogier would need to win a title in a Citroen for them to care.
    Ogier has gained a huge number of new fans from everywhere in 2017. Not just for winning the Title with a non-factory team but also with his more humble and friendly approach.

6. Likes: sonnybobiche (15th December 2017),WRC1 (15th December 2017)
    Liked 12,152 Times in 5,211 Posts
    David Evans thoughts about Mahonens ridiculous idea https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/co...ut-also-wrong/
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

8. Likes: AnttiL (15th December 2017),Eli (15th December 2017),sonnybobiche (15th December 2017)
    Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Ogier has gained a huge number of new fans from everywhere in 2017. Not just for winning the Title with a non-factory team but also with his more humble and friendly approach.
    And to add, Neuville on the other hand turned out to be a crying baby and lost few fans in my opinion. Ogier remains the same, pressure or not. Neuville seems a lot more fragile...

10. Likes: WRC1 (15th December 2017)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    David Evans thoughts about Mahonens ridiculous idea https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/co...ut-also-wrong/
    Can't remember when was the last time I liked reading what he was writing
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

12. Likes: EstWRC (15th December 2017),sonnybobiche (15th December 2017)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Can't remember when was the last time I liked reading what he was writing
    Well he makes a lot of seriously clear points:
    Standardisation is absolutely necessary in areas like the results service and the tracking of the cars – David Richards was absolutely right about that in the late Nineties – but the standardisation and centralisation of routes is absolutely not necessary. David Richards was absolutely wrong about that in the late Nineties.
    cookie cutter events and only thing the background is is scene props? Paaaaaska.

This is the absolute central thing in all racing, its been said sop many times by people doing the sport and analytic fans:

And what does every fan love? Unpredictability.

I think we know that...and what has been the result of a lack of unpredictabilty.....interest waning...and in place of genuine interest?
    "Promotion" . made for TV "drama"....

People say "We can't go back to...."..."The cars are too fragile"

The chosen roads, the chosen formats the central service (and the bizarre reset button of "Super-rally" has allowed that...)

He continued:
    One of the primary appeals of rallying is the simple fact that it’s not bound by the confines of a circuit. It’s bound by nothing but our imagination (and a degree of commercial realism).
    It saddened me to hear Mahonen castigating Rally GB for its long days and lack of time in service. And I genuinely beg to differ when Jarmo talks about service being the place for the show.

That last bit..Good god...if that's the case, why bother with the stages?

This part needs to be chiseled into the foreheads of all the media and promotion fools:
    For me, the show is, and always will be, in the stages.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

14. Likes: AnttiL (15th December 2017),Franky (15th December 2017),Norm75 (16th December 2017),Rally Power (16th December 2017),sonnybobiche (16th December 2017)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Sorry John, meant it in a positive way this time. I do realise now that my post can be read both ways.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Sorry John, meant it in a positive way this time. I do realise now that my post can be read both ways.
    That's OK I was only a little confused, but that's normal--especially reading bureaucrater opinions on WRC--or rally in general...
    Mainly I read the link..
    Of course its so crazy you have to wonder was Mahonen clear? Or mildly drunk? Is he serious about "Jarmo talks about service being the place for the show." ???
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Östberg on Twitter: Travelling from Gardermoen �� to Gatwick �� #business #work #meetings

On his way to meet Malcolm maybe?