Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts

Best of WRC 2018

What was in your opinion best of the 2018 season?

Could be best:

Car
    Driver
    Co Driver
    Rally
    Works team
    Privat team
    Car livery
    Video/ Picture
    Something else

Basically, what will you best remember from the 2018 wrc season?
    Last edited by Sulland; 18th November 2018 at 10:17.

Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    1) the rise and rise of Ott Tanak
    2) WRC All Live changing the way we view WRC
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

3. Likes: cali (18th November 2018),HenryEST (19th November 2018),pantealex (18th November 2018),Rally Power (18th November 2018),the sniper (18th November 2018),tr4m (19th November 2018)
    Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    First I'm gonna answer last question. EVERYTHING. WRC+, drama on every rally, new rally on the calendar, 4 manus fighting, 3 drivers fighting for the title at the end, unpredictable moments...

Car: Hyundai i20 WRC
    Driver: Hayden Paddon
    Co-Driver: Torstein Eriksen
    Rally: Sardegna
    Works Team: Toyota GAZOO Racing
    Private Team: /
    Car Livery: Serderidis' Fiesta
    Video/Picture: i don't have one but on every rally there were pretty awesome footage from drones

Some bad things:
    -Neuville's attitude to public
    -Ogier's whining
    -WRC+ couple issues (overall standings constantly shown instead of splits, lagging, showing unimportant drivers - privateers and Qassimi for the most of the coverage per stage)
    -On most rallies splits from Official site was too late or not shown at all.
    -Presenters talking too much rubish things. They could have asside one driver from WRC squad or WRC2 who don't drive at the moment (every events there were one sitting) to have extra opinion about current action.
    -Finn's bad mood all the time (but hey they can't change haha).

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    The Yaris. It’s leagues ahead.

Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts
    Basically, what will you best remember from the 2018 wrc season?
    The 80% probability of one Belgium man for winning championship.
    Rps13

7. Likes: AL14 (18th November 2018),skarderud (19th November 2018)
    Liked 133 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    The Yaris. It’s leagues ahead.
    i've thought this at some point as well, but now i think it's a bit more than that
    i think Tanak has matured into a "complete" driver during this year, he has taken that next step which elevates you above the usual "good" driver status---i think most of the WRC drivers are good driver's with skill and talent. however, i think he's now very close to the league of the Loeb, Ogier, Marcus, Sainz, etc, those special drivers out of the bunch who made the car they drove look better than the rest. He needs a bit more refinement and patience/strategy sometimes and i hope he finds it soon, because he will be even more of a force to be reckoned with when he does. So it's not just the car, its the car/driver combination

9. Likes: EstWRC (18th November 2018),HenryEST (19th November 2018),pantealex (18th November 2018),Rally Power (18th November 2018),Timmy (18th November 2018),tr4m (19th November 2018),TWRC (18th November 2018)
    Liked 487 Times in 242 Posts
    Car: Toyota Yaris WRC
    Driver: Ott Tänak
    Codriver: Martin Järveoja
    Rally: Rally Finland
    Works team: TOYOTA GAZOO Racing WRT
    Privat team: Toksport WRT
    Car livery: M-Sport Ford Fiesta WRC
    Video/ Picture: -

Ott Tänak is now a complete driver and next year is time to stop Seb´s title winning streak. Also the performance of the Yaris WRC during the second half of the season was very clear. Great that all the works teams were able to win and hopefully TGR´s Toyota is not too dominant next year. Certainly Citroën with Ogier, Lappi & Loeb is able to challenge, but is it enough..?

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/nove...3--12-12-.html

man they must block votes from estonia, lol

btw, Järveoja gave his trophy to Ingrassia.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: cali (20th November 2018)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gorganl2000 View Post
    i've thought this at some point as well, but now i think it's a bit more than that
    i think Tanak has matured into a "complete" driver during this year, he has taken that next step which elevates you above the usual "good" driver status---i think most of the WRC drivers are good driver's with skill and talent. however, i think he's now very close to the league of the Loeb, Ogier, Marcus, Sainz, etc, those special drivers out of the bunch who made the car they drove look better than the rest. He needs a bit more refinement and patience/strategy sometimes and i hope he finds it soon, because he will be even more of a force to be reckoned with when he does. So it's not just the car, its the car/driver combination
    Not disputing his abilities and their impact on some of the incredible speed shown, but seeing that thing in the flesh.... I’m no expert, but it’s plain to see it really is leagues ahead of the other cars. Watched wales GB and it clearly changed direction with less hassle than any other car out there.... and with that in mind (and yes I’m ready for a few bullets) I reckon Meeke will be a contender next year.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    I`d still say, its hard to say, which is better, the Tänak-Yaris package is superb, yes, but then when you look at other Toyota`s, they were a bit further back...good drivers, good starting position and with the best car, there should have been Top 3 for Toyota on every round, like in VW days, but it was Tänak far-far ahead, then came second and it wasn`t necessarily a Toyota.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 19th November 2018 at 19:06.

15. Likes: EstWRC (19th November 2018)