Page 133 of 237 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2367
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    It went completely below my radar that Suninen was going to start in Argentina.

Fast Eddie was right then. Wilson wasn't really aiming for the constructor's but now they have a chance they pursue it as much as possible.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    It went completely below my radar that Suninen was going to start in Argentina.
    It was told to him as a surprise during Mexico.

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    Decision about #RallyMexico penalty appeal from Ogier will be decided by FIA on next 4th May ► http://bit.ly/2K9IE07

Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Polo GTI WRC

5. Likes: JTGANG (24th April 2018),Mirek (23rd April 2018),pantealex (24th April 2018),racerx1979 (23rd April 2018),Rallyper (25th April 2018),the sniper (23rd April 2018),ToughMac (24th April 2018),TWRC (24th April 2018)
    Liked 105 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    A big market, yet I can't recall the last time I saw any of them use their WRC efforts in any advertisement.

In my opinion RallyGB needs the WRC far more than the WRC needs the event.
    Definitely the words of someone who has not been to Piccadilly Circus in the past couple years. There's been a good amount of Hyundai WRC stuff on the famous building sized screens there. I don't watch anything with ads really so I presume that was part of a bigger campaign as well.

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Seems a compromise has been found in the WRGB power stage issue:

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...-gb-route-row/

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Give points for a stage earlier on Sunday. Uhh.

That will make the remaining sunday stages even more of a cruise than before. On the other hand since drivers/teams will focus on setup and tires on the first stage it might result in bigger gaps in the tarmac stage if there is anything to fight for.

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Better to have the driver's 'trying' on a proper stage (for the PS points) than on a glorified tarmac SSS.

10. Likes: pantealex (26th April 2018),WRC1 (25th April 2018)
    Liked 649 Times in 311 Posts
    http://eldoce.tv/deportes/robo-cordo...eguridad_64547

Seems some WRC Promoter people were robbed at gunpoint in Cordoba.

I'm sure that will be well received.....

12. Likes: sonnybobiche (26th April 2018)
    Liked 12,162 Times in 5,216 Posts
    Latvala abandons 2018 WRC title challenge, aims for event wins

Jari-Matti Latvala has ditched his World Rally Championship title challenge and will now focus on winning individual events in 2018.

The Toyota driver made a good start to his new plan with the fastest time in Thursday's shakedown stage for this weekend's Rally Argentina.

It is now 15 rallies since the Latvala's last victory (Rally Sweden, 2017), which represents his longest gap between wins since his triumph in the '11 Rally GB ended a run of 18 events with no success.

"It's been a long time since I was winning a rally, [so] on the personal level it's really important for me to win here," Latvala told Autosport.

"Before the last rally in Corsica, I was thinking a lot about the championship, but now I'm thinking more like: 'let's go rally-by-rally and focus on what we can do with the events starting from here'.

"I'm happy with the start here. We worked on the traction from the car at the pre-event test in Sardinia and that has worked well."

Latvala admitted the pressure on him was growing as his Toyota team-mates Ott Tanak and Esapekka Lappi continued to show more and more speed in their Yaris WRCs.

"Ott Tanak and Esapekka have been doing really well and the competition level is higher now," he said.

"Sometimes pressure can be good also because it pushes you to a better performance."

Latvala headed Citroen pair Craig Breen and Kris Meeke across the three-mile shakedown stage, beating them by three and four-tenths respectively.

After he returned to action for the first time since finishing second in Sweden, Breen was delighted with taking second in the shakedown.

"It's great to be back in my C3 WRC, especially as the feeling was good right from the word go this morning," he said.

"I feel we have a good package to challenge at the front this weekend.

"Although I may lack experience on this unusual surface, I'm going to give it everything and make the most of my good road position tomorrow."

Meeke was slightly more circumspect, adding: "Although you should never draw any hasty conclusions based on the shakedown, it's always positive to start the racing weekend like this.

"I was comfortable in my C3 WRC today and the times reflected that.

"I just hope it'll be the same thing when we start racing, but the opening leg is going to be a huge challenge on extremely fast and bumpy roads that are very demanding."

Andreas Mikkelsen was fourth fastest, with Tanak and Thierry Neuville close behind.

Championship leader Sebastien Ogier was the fastest Ford Fiesta WRC driver in seventh, 1.5-seconds off Latvala's pace.

Rally Argentina starts with a dash around the streets of Villa Carlos Paz on Thursday evening.

The main action starts south of the service park on the roads around San Agustin.

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...-aims-for-wins
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -