Page 97 of 237 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quali on shakedown wouldn't make it better if it's in the same format as before with all cars only running 3 times, they are pushing now so it's still good to watch, i even got 3 offs. And it would just push the problem over on the up and coming guys with less testing and not as much confidence to push already on shakedown.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

2. Likes: KiwiWRCfan (23rd February 2018)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Quali on shakedown wouldn't make it better if it's in the same format as before with all cars only running 3 times, they are pushing now so it's still good to watch, i even got 3 offs. And it would just push the problem over on the up and coming guys with less testing and not as much confidence to push already on shakedown.
    Exactly "it would just push the problem over on the up and coming guys with less testing and not as much confidence"

4. Likes: SubaruNorway (24th February 2018)
    Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
    Ogier has big mouth when things go not to his advantage but he's quiet otherwise. There's perception as if he's a scapegoat of the system and many people feel sorry for this guy. He was happy to go first in Monte and get all rubbish from the side of the road for others, he'll be happy in Mexico, Corsica, Germany etc. There will be no complains whatsoever in most rallies but still some people think he needs to do extra effort. That's the name of the game, you sweep the road in some rallies others sweep for you in some rallies. Fair solution would be to start all privateers first (there are always there).

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    This formula is ideal. The disadvantage is limited to the morning of the 1st day and a still a bit in the afternoon. And only in those round where being first is a disadvantage.
    Beside that, Monte, Corsica, Galles, Germany, Sweden with few snow and any other round if rains is an advantage for the first in the road. It means that more likely, 5 events (40%...) will be an advantage for who open the road.

Ogier is just boring, no wonder why even french people in this forum don't like him. And as far as I know, french people love everything that is even barely french...
    I wonder if he talks about it with his wife as well: "my love Seb come to me" "yes honey, you know it's been hard weekend opening the road, I need comfort", "please let people get in before us in the supermarket, it makes me feel good to enter the supermarket after them".

7. Likes: steve.mandzij (24th February 2018)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Ogier will then need a pre qualifying qualify lap because what if he is first on the road for qualifying hehe

9. Likes: AL14 (24th February 2018)
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Sweden was exceptionally bad for the first cars on the road - more snow fell, one stage wasnt totally ploughed and then the Historics ruined the second runs.

Tanak also suffered and complained, not just Ogier.

If people think its fair that a world champion should be down in 10th through no fault of his own, then I dont.

I'm a purist and think the best driver should usually win and not be handicapped to help the others compete.

Having a QS seems the fairest system.

11. Likes: HenryEST (24th February 2018),kamei (25th February 2018),RS (25th February 2018),Timmy (24th February 2018),WRC1 (24th February 2018)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    You can't do anything about the weather, 1st run of Röjden was fine until 30min before when it started snowing heavily.
    I just think Ogier didn't handle the conditions very well, when the 2nd car on the road can win the first stage on Friday 12 sec ahead of Ogier and 6sec in front of the 2nd fastest it couldn't have been that bad...
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

13. Likes: KiwiWRCfan (24th February 2018),Myrvold (26th February 2018),pantealex (9th March 2018),Rallyper (24th February 2018),steve.mandzij (25th February 2018)
    Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Sweden was exceptionally bad for the first cars on the road - more snow fell, one stage wasnt totally ploughed and then the Historics ruined the second runs.

Tanak also suffered and complained, not just Ogier.

If people think its fair that a world champion should be down in 10th through no fault of his own, then I dont.

I'm a purist and think the best driver should usually win and not be handicapped to help the others compete.

Having a QS seems the fairest system.
    Some people rather sadistically like to see Ogier struggle and would like him to continously having a hard time and are therefore reacting to his complaints by calling him a wuss. If it hit their favourite driver they'd be reacting very differently. You know who you are.

15. Likes: Timmy (24th February 2018),WRC1 (24th February 2018)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    I think in the case of Ogier vs. Rally Sweden it was more of the fact he had given up even before the rally started. Like SubaruNorway says the conditions wasn´t pending much.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

17. Likes: pantealex (9th March 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    You can't do anything about the weather, 1st run of Röjden was fine until 30min before when it started snowing heavily.
    I just think Ogier didn't handle the conditions very well, when the 2nd car on the road can win the first stage on Friday 12 sec ahead of Ogier and 6sec in front of the 2nd fastest it couldn't have been that bad...
    But after that it all went downhill for SS1 & 2 winner also. When the day ended, last years podium was last (Evans and Solberg excluded).