Page 122 of 237 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2367
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    It's not just the fact that Mills is 54, more that he has also been out of top level competition for so long.

But for just one event maybe his adrenalin will get him through ok ...

Liked 12,165 Times in 5,217 Posts
    and here he is, looks already tired

#8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

3. Likes: aykutbilir (2nd April 2018),cali (3rd April 2018),pantealex (3rd April 2018),Simmi (2nd April 2018),steve.mandzij (2nd April 2018)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Mills: "What have I done!!??"

Nah I'm sure he'll be fine. Professional guy. Nice to see him back and all the best to them.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Pierre Budar, Citroën's new sports director, welcomes us at the team's headquarters in Versailles and tells us about his concerns. After the departure of Yves Matton to the FIA, this engineer, who was also a pilot, has taken the reins of the French formation.

How do you see the World Rally Championship after three races?
    The difference of points in the championship of marks is very closed. In each rally the four cars that compete have won sections, which shows the great equality there is. We just have to wait for the fight to last until the end.
    They got a podium in Mexico, but above all, they had great prominence with the return of Sebastien Loeb.
    The starting order favored Loeb in the first stage, but I prefer that in the second, when he was positioned just like his rivals, he was also ahead. In Corsica it will hurt to be delayed, especially if it rains in the first stage. Last year the car went very well, and Loeb feels comfortable at the wheel. He likes how he goes on asphalt and has only made some adjustments in the adjustments to adapt it to his riding.
    Do you think you could increase your number of shares? Are you going to convince him to do a complete program next year?
    This year's program is three participations and that will not change. It would be a dream to have Loeb in 2019. But it's something I do not think we'll talk about until the end of the Rally of Spain. I do not think I want to do a complete program, because, among other things, some rallies do not want to go. His return has been good for the sport. It's a legend, and it's fine to get it back, but I think it's more important to look for new legends among young drivers.
    Will it be a priority for Citroën to recover Ogier?
    It is still early to talk about the market. Of course we are going to work on it, but we still do not know if Sebastien will decide to retire at the end of the season, or if he wants to continue.
    Could I go back Sordo? Is there a chance that Sainz will run a rally with Citroën?
    We know Sordo well and we appreciate him. It's on our list, but I've already said it's still early to talk about the market. Regarding Carlos, the truth is that it is not in our programming.

Until when the continuity of Citroën in the World Cup is assured?
    The program will last between three and five years, and we are in the second. Our continuity will depend on many things, for example the regulation. You have to get more brands, or at least not leave any of the four. I do not believe that the future is electric vehicles, but we must offer brands an appetizing championship for their technologies. There are very expensive aspects, such as tests. A test day can cost up to 100,000 euros, and we have 55 per year.

https://as.com/motor/2018/03/31/mas_...o_rsoc=comp_tw

6. Likes: Eli (2nd April 2018)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    i think you're not getting it.
    yes, reactions can be trained. yes, a 65 year old can have faster reactions than the average 20 year old.

but, at age 65 you will never be able to train your reactions to be as fast as you would have been able at age 20.
    Sorry but I think it is you who are getting lost and fixating on one little thing which amateurs love to obsess on...
    I said that the physical training for rallydrivers---and those girly-boys who keep to asfalt in F1 is primarily to make the guys MINDS stronger to deal with stress, because the physical strength demands are very low compared or relatif to some other motosports..
    I really don't think that can be seriously debated.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOcDL35YAOw&t=570s

I think its fairly obvious that the physical requirements for the guys in that video above are orders of magnitude higher to do that for 35+ minutes than a rallydriver doing a 10-15 minute SS in a car with servo steering, nice little gearchange, and huge brakes, and no shower of rock peppering him ...
    The bike guys still have the mental stress--lines, gearchange, position, etc that a rally driver does, but on top of that extremely hard WORK...and 30 or 35 guys ALL with equipment as good as what you have....

Or as I suggested some guys do this nearly nonstop
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_0TcICyDCo

drive 300km in the woods in one day versus over 3 days and call it fun.. I did when I retired and before I did rally.

One can be a rally fan, sure but is it required to pretend that it is physically the hardest motorsport and requires unusual 'strength"?

I have done the motocross (professionally), long hard enduros in my early 30s for fun (did pretty good too) and when I got old and beat up, and tired of being wet and cold--then I did gravel rally....It seemed to me a natural progression from harder to easier as I got older..

That is why I asked about all the competition you have done..looking for some common ground to assist in both of us understanding..and to see if your opinion is from reading or actual doing it...

(and yes my reactions are slower now but they are still faster than 19-20 year old "gamers"...and yesterday I was very tired after loading and unloading TONs in the last several days...Did you take the test? et le resultat? )
    Last edited by janvanvurpa; 3rd April 2018 at 10:35.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    It's not just the fact that Mills is 54, more that he has also been out of top level competition for so long.

But for just one event maybe his adrenalin will get him through ok ...
    Don't forget that he is an International level shooter. The stress, mind control and reaction time in trap shooting is of the highest order.

Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    ...Did you take the test? et le resultat? )
    Just tried it three times, slowest was the first run at 0.248 2nd run 0.201, 3rd run 0.206. I guess my reactions are still quick enough to take my RS2000 out for the occasional outing on gravel.

10. Likes: janvanvurpa (3rd April 2018)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk2 RS2000 View Post
    Just tried it three times, slowest was the first run at 0.248 2nd run 0.201, 3rd run 0.206. I guess my reactions are still quick enough to take my RS2000 out for the occasional outing on gravel.

I don't know...we have been told you cannot have reactions like a 19 year old...and that's much better than most 19 year old kids<<
    You better check with an expert..
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk2 RS2000 View Post
    you may be quick enough to take your RS 2000,but we dont know if you quick enough against jan with the volvo.
    i bet 2 beers to jan .

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Great news!

14. Likes: EstWRC (3rd April 2018)