Page 45 of 237 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    I hear you Andy but I understant that they want to offer a lot of service park time to the public because that is one of the few things in the nature of the WRC that is more convenient to bring to people close to. In circuit racing the pits are reserved for the rich and famous.
    Yes, I know - I just think they're misguided in their thinking.....(and it wouldn't be the first time)

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

2. Likes: sonnybobiche (2nd January 2018)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    All this talk of more emphasis on the service park is fine in part if fans can gain better access. Ok we arnt going back to servicing in pub car parks like in the old days however unless you are media or a corporate guest who has little or no real interest in being there then you will be behind the barriers and well away from the cars and drivers. Ive seen the village approach work in other sports however WRC is almost F1 in its attempts to exclude the real fans nowadays.
    Have to agree. Been to a lot of service parks and they are mostly sh*te.

Not amazing access for fans like you say unless you've got a pass. Just rubbernecking at stationary cars basically. Drivers appear for a few seconds and are gone. Not exactly an abundance of VIPs or anyone else interesting around.

Equally you've got Hyundai in there with trade stands and a few other bits. End of day interview. Not really not a lot to hold the attention though.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

4. Likes: AndyRAC (2nd January 2018),sonnybobiche (2nd January 2018)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    I was in service parks on WRC two times last year. And except I have meet there lot of old friends from other teams, as a spectator it was nothing superb. Always only standing too far away behind fence, big buildings of manufacturers made as representation of money and good only for VIP etc...

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Before I begin, Happy New Year!!! May we have a great year of rallying both in the WRC & outside.
    Just wanted to ask about the current point scoring system for this year. It stays the same since it was introduced back in 2010, not going to revert itself right?
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts

2018 Points

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Before I begin, Happy New Year!!! May we have a great year of rallying both in the WRC & outside.
    Just wanted to ask about the current point scoring system for this year. It stays the same since it was introduced back in 2010, not going to revert itself right?
    Yes points will again be as per every year since 2010.

For Drivers and Manufacturers
    first = 25, second = 18, third = 15, fourth = 12, fifth = 10,
    sixth = 8, seventh = 6, eighth =4, ninth = 2, tenth = 1

For Drivers only - Power stage points as used in 2017
    first = 5, second = 4, third = 3, fourth = 2, fifth = 1
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...ngskilometern/

Tommi Makinen is having a serious case of brain diarrhea.

"The WRC calender is supposed to grow from 13 to 16 events [no sources, no mention of the space of time it is supposed to happen]. To lower the costs at the same time it is being discussed whether there will be no Sunday stages anymore and whether the stages should be shortened."

"'We should not exceed 250 km per event', Tommi Makinen says. This would drop the costs and make taking part in the evens easier."

"'We have to or three stages, then it takes forever until something happens again', says Makinen agreeing with Mahonen and Ciesla."

"Makinen goes on to say: 'The world rally cars of today are capable of doing 400 - 500 km. It would be better to do two short events before rebuilding the cars in an extensive fashion. For example, the Rallies in Mexico and Argentina could be combined.'"

Liked 377 Times in 187 Posts
    So basically what Tommi wants is 250 km two day events. We have entered the discussion of sprint events at least by now.

I also don't get the argument of having to do less extensive rebuilding of the cars if you only have to do it every two events. What if a car meets a tree head on or rolls? I doubt any team would really do that anyway cause they might as well rebuild lots of things after every event to make sure to avoid failures.

I'd prefer to stay with 13 events and making them a bit longer again.

I am not into conspiracies but it sounds to me like someone's built a fragile car and wants to force the regulations in his direction instead of going back to the drawing board with his own car and people in FIA have a bias towards this certain somebody.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I think the Mäkinen interview was already discussed elsewhere. Think of it this way, if the rallies were shorter, would more teams join in? And conversely, would we go back to two teams with longer rallies? I also made a poll on twitter about this, 60% would prefer current situation, 30% would prefer more teams with the cost of shorter rallies https://twitter.com/AnttiL_WRC/statu...87375106109441

11. Likes: electroliquid (2nd January 2018)
    Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    How more rallies effects WRC2? with 7 out of 16 rallies in WRC2 - rivals may never face each other, situation sometimes happening now, if it will be 9 or 10 events, not 7 many privateers couldn't afford it, and WRC2 will be another WRC3 with no real championship left. I think best way would be with some iconic events permanent spot in calendar + "they own rules", like night stages, different rally stages km, different number of days, very long legs in Finland, and etc. what was already discussed before + some rotation events with rules, like now - ~350km of stages, 2 and half days, SSS required number and etc.
    It could look like this:
    Monte Carlo
    Sweden
    Mexico/(some Africa event)
    TDC
    Argentina/Chile
    Portugal
    Sardinia/Greece
    Finland
    Germany
    Turkey/Poland
    New Zealand
    Catalonia/Croatia
    Australia/Malaysia(other Asian country maybe)
    Wales

Or something like that.

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Okay I'm fan of 16 events maybe, but Ciesla's words about not having more tarmac's is stupid. So then there will be 12 gravel rallies, 2 mixed and one snow???

Maybe sample how could they manage it:

1. Monte-Carlo (Mixed Snow-Tarmac)
    2. Sweden (Snow)
    3. Mexico (Gravel)
    4. Tour De Corse (Tarmac)
    5. Argentina (Gravel)
    6. Chile (Gravel)
    7. Portugal (Gravel)
    8. San Remo (Tarmac)
    9. Acropolis (Gravel)
    10. Finland (Gravel)
    11. Deutchland (Tarmac)