Page 110 of 237 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 2367
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Many thanks guys. We will keep pushing for more, much more info and stats.
    i would add also average speed at stages times results.

2. Likes: pantealex (13th March 2018)
    Liked 3,774 Times in 1,677 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Did I hear correctly on All Live that Suninen is going to do Argentina?
    It is no surprise that they will use same cars for Mexico and Argentina. And I think there is no other option for Ford to set different driver as number three to Argentina. There are some options for tarmac events (Beouffier and maybe Kremer), but for gravel?

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    It is no surprise that they will use same cars for Mexico and Argentina. And I think there is no other option for Ford to set different driver as number three to Argentina. There are some options for tarmac events (Beouffier and maybe Kremer), but for gravel?
    Østberg, with respect to Sunninen at the moment he would have likely gotten better results from Mexico and Argentina. For the future, for sure Sunninen has more "potential". But I still think it's too early for him with many rallies in WRC.

5. Likes: pantealex (14th March 2018)
    I think that Ostberg is only one driver (from drivers who did drive new WRC) who can make any speed and not to be slowest. But I am not sure if he can be so much faster than Suninen there.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    I haven't been too impressed with Suninen this year. It's understandable that he's more focusing on getting the experience than trying to always set the fastest time, but still. He didn't manage to post a single top five stage time in Mexico (not counting super specials) and got beat by R5 (Rovanperä) on PS. I'd definitely pick Östberg over Suninen for Argentina.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

8. Likes: pantealex (14th March 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    I haven't been too impressed with Suninen this year. It's understandable that he's more focusing on getting the experience than trying to always set the fastest time, but still. He didn't manage to post a single top five stage time in Mexico (not counting super specials) and got beat by R5 (Rovanperä) on PS. I'd definitely pick Östberg over Suninen for Argentina.
    We must remember that Suninen didn't have any testing before Mexico, and it had been half a year since he drove that car on gravel, and the first time he ever drove on that kind of conditions. I believe he was just first trying to find his pace and settings, and when Evans retired he was told to finish to secure manufacturer points. That added pressure could also mess up with the rhythm, probably resulting in his offs on the Friday afternoon. Actually Suninen's best stage result (apart from that super special win) was SS20 where he was fourth, but then again, by that time the Rally2 guys were saving tyres and Meeke went off.

It's a dilemma of a driver needing to drive more rallies to get experience but not getting to do rallies because he has not enough experience.

I should also point that Mexico is also difficult event with high altitude.

Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts
    V-Rally4 the game is back from this september ► http://bit.ly/2pedXwT

12. Likes: Eli (14th March 2018),tomhlord (14th March 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    We must remember that Suninen didn't have any testing before Mexico, and it had been half a year since he drove that car on gravel, and the first time he ever drove on that kind of conditions. I believe he was just first trying to find his pace and settings, and when Evans retired he was told to finish to secure manufacturer points. That added pressure could also mess up with the rhythm, probably resulting in his offs on the Friday afternoon. Actually Suninen's best stage result (apart from that super special win) was SS20 where he was fourth, but then again, by that time the Rally2 guys were saving tyres and Meeke went off.
    That's all true, but IMO they don't apply as such for Suninen. The guy's something special, that we saw last year in Poland and Finland. You shouldn't be able to post fastest times and fight for podiums in your first WRC events, but that's exactly what he did. That's why I expected more from Sweden and Mexico. He also lost his testing slot in Finland (due to Ogier's crash), but it didn't matter that time. I think it's just a case of maybe thinking too much or something, Teemu should just go for it. I'd rather see him taking a podium and then crashing out on the next two rallies than "getting the experience" and finishing 8th. Don't know if Malcolm would agree though
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

14. Likes: pantealex (16th March 2018)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    That's all true, but IMO they don't apply as such for Suninen. The guy's something special, that we saw last year in Poland and Finland. You shouldn't be able to post fastest times and fight for podiums in your first WRC events, but that's exactly what he did. That's why I expected more from Sweden and Mexico. He also lost his testing slot in Finland (due to Ogier's crash), but it didn't matter that time. I think it's just a case of maybe thinking too much or something, Teemu should just go for it. I'd rather see him taking a podium and then crashing out on the next two rallies than "getting the experience" and finishing 8th. Don't know if Malcolm would agree though
    Lappi was also fast on his debut in home rally but where he is now -nowhere. With current rules everyone can be fast for a while on his favorite event. But for the championship you need versatility.