Page 163 of 237 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2367
    Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Estonia would be the "natural" substitute of Poland. On top of that we have an estonian crew in the WRC which is fighting for the championship and rally is popular over there. There are a lot of reasons to include Estonia in the calendar. Unfortunately there are also politics and money that talks, let's see if they will talk estonian next years.
    I don't want spoil a party (I am excited to see such line up for Rally Estonia and tickets are in my bag already) but talking about Rally Estonia as possible WRC round in nearest future Jean Todt did it. There was his quote in Estonian internet media about it - "Ambitions are a good thing. But there it's like in school - you have to do things step by step. My suggestion - return back in ERC and if you will succeed there why not to try something more ambitious".
    Last edited by sindroms; 30th May 2018 at 11:29.

2. Likes: AnttiL (30th May 2018)
    Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Why would they go back to ERC? They accomplished their targets there. In 2014 Rally Estonia won ERC Rally of the Year award.

Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sindroms View Post
    I don't want spoil a party (I am excited to see such line up for Rally Estonia and tickets are in my bag already) but talking about Rally Estonia as possible WRC round in nearest future Jean Todt did it. There was his quote in Estonian internet media about it - "Ambitions are a good thing. But there it's like in school - you have to do things step by step. My suggestion - return back in ERC and if you will succeed there why not to try something more ambitious".
    So you think they weren't successful enough when being part of the ERC calendar?
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    I think that Estonia is more like Finland. Especially if they will keep date in July, for me it is nonsense to do in WRC in so short time two so fast (and very similar) gravel events.
    Well you can do it in different months...I don't think that makes it impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by sindroms View Post
    Nobody is partying, just saying Estonia would be a nice addition to the calendar.
    I think that was just politics talking from Todt. If you judge rallys by "success" then Australia should not even host playstation's tournaments.
    Last edited by AL14; 30th May 2018 at 12:58.

6. Likes: cali (30th May 2018),dnb (31st May 2018),EstWRC (30th May 2018),pantealex (30th May 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://yle.fi/urheilu/3-10230643

Mäkinen has trust on Latvala and Räikkönen is not going to do drive for him.

He also comments that Meeke being fired from Citroen was a weird way to handle things and he would think twice before doing the same.

Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    So you think they weren't successful enough when being part of the ERC calendar?
    I didn't say that. Ask it to Jean Todt.
    As for me Rally Estonia always have been among my all time favorite rallies. I like it in non-ERC format much better and if one day it will become WRC round I will be there (like I am there every middle of July when it take place).

9. Likes: cali (30th May 2018)
    Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Hyundai, Toyota would be interested in Meeke

https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...meeke-1043270/

typical Evans, mentions Toyota in the headlines but no word of it in the article.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: gravelman (18th July 2018),pantealex (30th May 2018),steve.mandzij (30th May 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

typical Evans, mentions Toyota in the headlines but no word of it in the article.
    why you keep mentioning articles from this nobody ? he knows nothing about nothing... Nobody is interested in Meeke, his career is over unless he pays... even trash can dogs know that.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

It is there, just not much:

Prior to news of Meeke's departure last week, Toyota team principal Tommi Makinen said he would be interested in talking to Meeke about a potential future deal.
    Else it's mostly similar speculation like people did here. Penasse is basically saying that he expects one of Paddon/Sordo to go to Citroen as it is now more attractive, since C3 was competitive on more rallies.

Wilson comes trough as totally uninterested in Meeke. (obviously unless he pays)

Btw. recalling how some people talk about "French team destroying British driver careers" (meaning McRae+Meeke). It's not like the British teams are known to "save" those drivers. McRae wasn't picked by Ford or Subaru/Prodrive after he got kicked from Citroen and Meeke was kicked from Mini/Prodrive before going to Citroen.

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    We all know that they are aiming to keep Sordo. And Paddon most probably not having much opportunities he will go to Citroen (if they stays, if not, he is screwed). Wilson will not looking for others unless Ogier retires from sport. Well toyota will stay the same.