Page 131 of 237 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2367
    Liked 649 Times in 311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    It is easier to bring third car to European events than to Mexico... All logistics are made in advance.
    Indeed.

It's one thing to throw an extra car on a plane to an event, it's a different matter to have enough parts in the seafreight to service it...

2. Likes: A FONDO (20th April 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRally View Post
    I would absolutely relish the sight of full gravel spec cars on tarmac, which would remind me of what rallying used to be when I started following it more than 35 years ago.
    We saw this already on the power stage of Mexico, and we'll get more in Argentina (Tanti - Mataderos), Portugal (Amarante), Sardegna (Castelsardo) and most likely Catalunya (Terra Alta).

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    In this document, we can see ER as joker ? https://www.rfeda.es/documents/20185...ulos%20Gr%20R5
    Thanks, never saw this document. Maybe I'm wrong then.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRally View Post
    I would absolutely relish the sight of full gravel spec cars on tarmac, which would remind me of what rallying used to be when I started following it more than 35 years ago.
    I cant agree - I find the big drawback of such stages (SSS or street stages) is how the cars look and handle on the asphalt when in gravel-spec.

They really dont look right, rolling and pitching on the tall, soft suspension and little gravel wheels.
    #M-SPORTER

6. Likes: A FONDO (20th April 2018)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    I sort of figured it was sensationalist headlines in Motorsport News yesterday but it seems that this FIA stage snub could have a knock-on effect with the Welsh government when it comes to renewing their contract for Rally GB. Bad timing to anger the people putting the £££s in. Would be a bit short-sighted to throw away the rally over one shot down plan. But let's see.

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...over-gb-future
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I sort of figured it was sensationalist headlines in Motorsport News yesterday but it seems that this FIA stage snub could have a knock-on effect with the Welsh government when it comes to renewing their contract for Rally GB. Bad timing to anger the people putting the £££s in. Would be a bit short-sighted to throw away the rally over one shot down plan. But let's see.

Are the FIA going to that bothered ? They have many other countries desperate to run a WRC event.

Its not worth losing Rally GB for the sake of this stage.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts

"The event has moved right to the front of October for this season, which means real potential for great weather, big crowds and some amazing shots from the helicopter".

Ok! Now let's move rally Monte Carlo and Sweden to August so that I don't have to freeze my ass off in the cold!!! Who cares about the peculiarities that made of RAC an event (foggy and muddy weather)... we could have "some amazing shots from the helicopter" at the expense of this ever concerning sport... (sarcasm)

10. Likes: AndyRAC (19th April 2018),Rally Power (21st April 2018)
    Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    Playing Devil's advocate, here's a slightly controversial view; would the WRC be worse if there was no RallyGB? What does it offer the sport nowadays?

The sport of rallying is at a low ebb in the UK; with a BRC which is a shadow of it's former self, a WRC round centred on a small part of North Wales which receives poor national media coverage, and while in recent years we've seen healthy-ish crowds, the interest from the general motorsport fans is limited (going by the popular motorsport websites/ forums). I still think it's living on it's history - and as much as I enjoy going, it's become just another gravel event, rather than the epic challenge it was in the RAC days.

The organisers have relied on the Welsh money for far too long, it's not going to go on forever - maybe they should be more proactive trying to obtain backing from other sources - and dare one say, actually move the event somewhere else. Kielder & Yorkshire haven't had it for the best part of 20 years.......a crying shame.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

12. Likes: Rally Power (21st April 2018)
    Liked 36 Times in 17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Playing Devil's advocate, here's a slightly controversial view; would the WRC be worse if there was no RallyGB? What does it offer the sport nowadays?

The sport of rallying is at a low ebb in the UK; with a BRC which is a shadow of it's former self, a WRC round centred on a small part of North Wales which receives poor national media coverage, and while in recent years we've seen healthy-ish crowds, the interest from the general motorsport fans is limited (going by the popular motorsport websites/ forums). I still think it's living on it's history - and as much as I enjoy going, it's become just another gravel event, rather than the epic challenge it was in the RAC days.

The organisers have relied on the Welsh money for far too long, it's not going to go on forever - maybe they should be more proactive trying to obtain backing from other sources - and dare one say, actually move the event somewhere else. Kielder & Yorkshire haven't had it for the best part of 20 years.......a crying shame.
    The UK is still a big market to all the manufacturers involved, plus I would say WRGB is considered a 'legacy' event very much the same as RMC and Finland. I agree with what your saying about the event itself, looking at the route for the 1985, a 5 day event with more stage mileage in one day than the entire rally these days. The rally is very much a reflection of the modern wrc. The same stages used year in and year out with very little change.

Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by L555MAT View Post
    The UK is still a big market to all the manufacturers involved....
    A big market, yet I can't recall the last time I saw any of them use their WRC efforts in any advertisement.

In my opinion RallyGB needs the WRC far more than the WRC needs the event.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???