Page 92 of 237 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Wouldn’t be all that surprised if Latvala is consistently the third quickest Toyota driver in the not too distant future. Lappi outperformed him in Sweden also.

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Ok. Bashing Latvala is your mission, boys. But the season just started. And JML still is among the top five, six fastest in WRC. Should be a lot more drivers to complain about as well...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Ok. Bashing Latvala is your mission, boys. But the season just started. And JML still is among the top five, six fastest in WRC. Should be a lot more drivers to complain about as well...
    Agree. By the way Tanak finished behind Latvala here and is standing behind also in overall. Maybe he is playing like Ogier always do. Fast when can and take points when can.

4. Likes: Rallyper (19th February 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Yeh, he's third in the points. Not bad. It's not that I'm bashing him, more that I'm worried of him. It's one of his last chances to win the drivers title, and it seems he's out of pace for that.

6. Likes: pantealex (19th February 2018)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Ok. Bashing Latvala is your mission, boys.
    Never. It's just very alarming (if you're rooting for JML for the title like I am) that he wasn't the fastest Toyota in Sweden. A) because it's Sweden and B) because no-one has done more testing with the Yaris on snow than JML. I think the common opinion (and probably the way JML had planned it himself) was that Latvala would have been the number one in the TGR squad during the first quarter or half of the season.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

8. Likes: EstWRC (19th February 2018),pantealex (19th February 2018),steve.mandzij (19th February 2018)
    Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Latvala is the only full season works driver without a stage win this year. He also admitted at one stage end he has nothing on Tänak's pace. Doesn't look good.
    If you know Latvala, that is just how he is during rallies. He knows how fast he can drive, and if at stage end he finds thats not enough he is very quick to admit he doesn't know how others do it. You could probably go back to last years rally sweden and find him saying the same thing to Miikka in onboard footage after a stage. That is, if they still have onboard mics enabled for previous rallies, as for this year Toyota's onboards are exceptionally quick to cut the incar audio feed, as if they dont want to let you hear Jari-Matti venting to Miikka after every stage.

10. Likes: Rallyper (19th February 2018)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Yes I was very worried about Tanak going to Toyota (M. Martin experience in mind).

Now I am more worried Latvala will go back to 2016 state.

12. Likes: steve.mandzij (19th February 2018)
    Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    wtf bashing?...it is a pure fact that he was the slowest of the Toyotas in Sweden, one of his favourite and strongest rallies...and in Monte at times he was also the third Toyota speedwise...

of course, the season is only two rallies in but like some of the guys say here, it is quite alarming for him. I certainly expected him to be the fastest Toyota driver in the beginning of the season.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

14. Likes: Allez Andruet (19th February 2018),AnttiL (19th February 2018),cali (19th February 2018),dimviii (19th February 2018),pantealex (19th February 2018)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Yeh, he's third in the points. Not bad. It's not that I'm bashing him, more that I'm worried of him. It's one of his last chances to win the drivers title, and it seems he's out of pace for that.
    Only that why we should worry, knowing what kind of personality he is? Then we should know he could win in Mexico within only a few weeks, for example. Happend before.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

16. Likes: steve.mandzij (19th February 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Yes I was very worried about Tanak going to Toyota (M. Martin experience in mind).

Now I am more worried Latvala will go back to 2016 state.
    Latvala himself said in an interview before the season started that it will be tough for Tänak to step into a new car.

18. Likes: pantealex (19th February 2018)