Page 84 of 237 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Some quotes in Motorsport News from Carlos Tavares about the Opel brand. He says once the company is back on its feet financially they would like to see it return to motorsport. But we're talking 2020+

I just thought that was interesting after seeing a few people saying Peugeot would come in to replace Citroen eventually at WRC level.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Some quotes in Motorsport News from Carlos Tavares about the Opel brand. He says once the company is back on its feet financially they would like to see it return to motorsport. But we're talking 2020+

I just thought that was interesting after seeing a few people saying Peugeot would come in to replace Citroen eventually at WRC level.
    They may run both.

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts

Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Sorry but can someone explain what does "closed road" means? I mean are not rally always on closed roads??

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    Sorry but can someone explain what does "closed road" means? I mean are not rally always on closed roads??
    It just means sections of public road where you need to obtain a road closure order. Commonplace in most countries but not in Wales. So basically it means some short tarmac sections will be in the rally. Expect a big press release and lots of fanfare when the route comes out. But really it won't change too much the character of the event.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 84 Times in 30 Posts
    I think it will mean some of the Mid Wales stages used the last couple of years will be dropped - wouldn't be surprised if Myherin was rested after the problems with tree disease and access to the Pike's Peak section being restricted due to the state of the road.

What would be nice, and different, would be to extend Great Orme into the town centre of Llandudno and go straight to the finish ramp from the end of the stage.

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    When I saw 'shake-up' and 'closed roads' in the title I was rather worried, but seemingly/hopefully they are just going down sensible route of mainly just crossing closed public roads. Going by those comments I imagine we'll get a Penmachno that looks rather like this: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/53...0bc562!1m0!3e0

Brenig should be a massive beneficiary too, with various ways that can be turned into a proper stage now.

Got to say though that it looks like the Mahonen school of thinking will win out on one full day of Rally GB, plus probably Sunday too. Hopefully they make the more traditional long distance day in mid Wales a bloody long one as recompense! Also looks like no Thursday evening stages again, last seen in 2013, or night stages... For me ideally, with the Welsh Rally GB model, you'd run a Thursday evening loop of a Llandudno start, SS Gwydir, SS Penmachno, SS Alwen and a stage somewhere in Clocaenog. A variation of this could then be run again on Sunday morning, as has been the case for years. That leaves Friday and Saturday to be more adventurous. Makes more sense if Rally GB is running as the season finale though with this model, as you can start with Monte as a four day rally and finish with GB as a four day special too.

Only other thing, with it looking like the flawed but casual spectator popular 'RallyFest' stage in Cholmondeley is under review, it continues to be incomprehensible to me that Oulton Park Circuit isn't being considered as an alternative venue. It's the same distance from the Deeside service park as Cholmondeley and Kinmel Park, if not a little closer, and has a great rally heritage, having been part of the RAC Rally for many decades! It even hosts its own popular national rally... I just don't get it, it's not even mentioned.

8. Likes: AndyRAC (8th February 2018),Rally Power (8th February 2018),Simmi (8th February 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    http://www.andreasmikkelsen.com/news...r-andersand-me

Mikkelsen and Jæger switch seats for a rally in Norway, as a birthday present to Anders from Andreas

10. Likes: Adler (8th February 2018),Micke_VOC (8th February 2018),pantealex (9th February 2018),steve.mandzij (8th February 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    http://www.andreasmikkelsen.com/news...r-andersand-me

Mikkelsen and Jæger switch seats for a rally in Norway, as a birthday present to Anders from Andreas
    What if he will enjoy it so much and do good?

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    When I saw 'shake-up' and 'closed roads' in the title I was rather worried, but seemingly/hopefully they are just going down sensible route of mainly just crossing closed public roads. Going by those comments I imagine we'll get a Penmachno that looks rather like this: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/53...0bc562!1m0!3e0

Brenig should be a massive beneficiary too, with various ways that can be turned into a proper stage now.

Got to say though that it looks like the Mahonen school of thinking will win out on one full day of Rally GB, plus probably Sunday too. Hopefully they make the more traditional long distance day in mid Wales a bloody long one as recompense! Also looks like no Thursday evening stages again, last seen in 2013, or night stages... For me ideally, with the Welsh Rally GB model, you'd run a Thursday evening loop of a Llandudno start, SS Gwydir, SS Penmachno, SS Alwen and a stage somewhere in Clocaenog. A variation of this could then be run again on Sunday morning, as has been the case for years. That leaves Friday and Saturday to be more adventurous. Makes more sense if Rally GB is running as the season finale though with this model, as you can start with Monte as a four day rally and finish with GB as a four day special too.

Only other thing, with it looking like the flawed but casual spectator popular 'RallyFest' stage in Cholmondeley is under review, it continues to be incomprehensible to me that Oulton Park Circuit isn't being considered as an alternative venue. It's the same distance from the Deeside service park as Cholmondeley and Kinmel Park, if not a little closer, and has a great rally heritage, having been part of the RAC Rally for many decades! It even hosts its own popular national rally... I just don't get it, it's not even mentioned.
    Oulton Park would be ideal. I went there in the 90's and it was great. Dont know why its not considered nowadays as it is well-placed and has a rally stage already.

13. Likes: the sniper (8th February 2018)