Page 75 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 908
  1. #741
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    1,503
    Like
    211
    Liked 292 Times in 153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The new Fabia shall come in 2020 I think.
    The new Fabia will be presented in Geneva in two months and should be on sale in September.
    Long enough to develop a world rally car until 2020

  2. #742
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,657
    Like
    1,454
    Liked 1,419 Times in 674 Posts
    How long was the agreement to compete with the current spec cars? Five years? That would mean 2017-2021

  3. #743
    Armchair General Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    18,438
    Like
    4,010
    Liked 5,062 Times in 2,157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RICARDO75 View Post
    The new Fabia will be presented in Geneva in two months and should be on sale in September.
    Long enough to develop a world rally car until 2020
    No, it will not. What is going to be shown in Geneve is only facelifted Fabia III (that may impact the look of Fabia R5 at maximum).
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  4. Likes: pantealex (23rd January 2018)
  5. #744
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Azores, Portugal
    Posts
    1,503
    Like
    211
    Liked 292 Times in 153 Posts
    You're right. I had read the article on the diagonal

  6. #745
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    2,103
    Like
    6,419
    Liked 689 Times in 338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    How long was the agreement to compete with the current spec cars? Five years? That would mean 2017-2021
    Must be 6, every 3 year with same rules.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  7. Likes: AnttiL (23rd January 2018),Rally Power (23rd January 2018)
  8. #746
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    325
    Like
    0
    Liked 80 Times in 55 Posts
    And what changes are there for 2019? They announce before starting of 2017 that there will be big changes, but I can't figure it out what ones. Maybe just calendar expansion?

  9. #747
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,752
    Like
    1,919
    Liked 1,364 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    No, it will not. What is going to be shown in Geneve is only facelifted Fabia III (that may impact the look of Fabia R5 at maximum).
    How much time is this face lift Fabia Mk3 supposed to last? It makes one wonder if the Mk4 will actually be released in 2020.
    Rally addict since 1982

  10. #748
    Senior Member liposh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Posts
    680
    Like
    43
    Liked 241 Times in 119 Posts
    ESTR, You mean 2020, right? Because 2019 is the third year of first cycle.

  11. #749
    Armchair General Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    18,438
    Like
    4,010
    Liked 5,062 Times in 2,157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    How much time is this face lift Fabia Mk3 supposed to last? It makes one wonder if the Mk4 will actually be released in 2020.
    AFAIK the plans are for 2020, i.e. 6-years long total lifecycle.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  12. Likes: pantealex (23rd January 2018)
  13. #750
    Senior Member Rally Power's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,752
    Like
    1,919
    Liked 1,364 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    AFAIK the plans are for 2020, i.e. 6-years long total lifecycle.
    Ok. Still, a 2 or 2 and half years life seem a bit short for the face lift model. In any case, they can use last year Fiesta precedent and homologate the WRC car several months before the series model launch. Time will tell.
    Rally addict since 1982

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •