Page 111 of 237 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2367
    Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A FONDO View Post
    Lappi was also fast on his debut in home rally but where he is now -nowhere. With current rules everyone can be fast for a while on his favorite event. But for the championship you need versatility.
    Nowhere? Sure? IIRC he was the highest placed Toyota in Sweden (at least he was at one point)

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Nowhere? Sure? IIRC he was the highest placed Toyota in Sweden (at least he was at one point)
    You really ignore road order significance.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Well, road order will be the case anyway, but he was in a quite good position before his mistake in RMC also. All three events new for him in a WRC (although Sweden could be counted as his home event) and never been to Mexico i believe? Shouldn`t really complain yet, all of them don`t have "Sebastian" in their name. Some progress by speed and breaking, others by being medium and others stay medium or won`t reach even that level.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 14th March 2018 at 22:13.

4. Likes: electroliquid (15th March 2018),steve.mandzij (15th March 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    That's all true, but IMO they don't apply as such for Suninen. The guy's something special, that we saw last year in Poland and Finland. You shouldn't be able to post fastest times and fight for podiums in your first WRC events, but that's exactly what he did. That's why I expected more from Sweden and Mexico. He also lost his testing slot in Finland (due to Ogier's crash), but it didn't matter that time.
    I think Suninen had a test before Poland, and we could consider all of Poland as a test event for Rally Finland. And he had a half day of testing before Finland with the same car he did the rally with. But before Mexico, no testing at all. Very different conditions, no gravel driving in a WRC car for months.

6. Likes: steve.mandzij (15th March 2018)
    Liked 5,531 Times in 2,289 Posts
    M-Sport begins work on all-electric rally car

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...ric-rally-car/

8. Likes: AnttiL (15th March 2018)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    M-Sport begins work on all-electric rally car

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...ric-rally-car/
    Enjoy the current WRC cars while you can people !

https://youtu.be/lvP_tP8Ruk0
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Can't wait to be walking through a forest and find myself met with a silent oncoming rally car.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

11. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (16th March 2018)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Can't wait to be walking through a forest and find myself met with a silent oncoming rally car.
    Take a spray with You. Those beasts might be dangerous.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 105 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I have no objection. I like the excitement of noisy cars but I feel that motorsport will continue and continue to be fun at a lower volume. If volume seems to be people's biggest problem with it, I can tell it's coming.

Maybe it's my own hearing sensitivity (I have to block my ears when I'm close to rally cars, even ambulance sirens), but I think that in time today's complaints will look like the people who didn't believe in wearing helmets in American football, or drivers' aids, or any other new feature that detracts from the "purity" of any motorsport.

And electric power gives you the opportunity for a 350-380hp world rally car to have maximum torque at any time, which (with the right regulations) can make for extremely exciting driving, especially on gravel/snow/ice/mud. As several people on this forum have pointed out, loads of torque and less grip = more sideways (of course sacrificing cornering speed). Not everyone may want that style of rally, but not everyone wants ever cleaner tarmac-like performance on every surface either. In the end I think there is enough give and take that it will still be a fun sport to watch and participate in if this shift were to happen in the future.

14. Likes: mArvAlcao17 (16th March 2018)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kirungi okwogera View Post
    I have no objection. I like the excitement of noisy cars but I feel that motorsport will continue and continue to be fun at a lower volume. If volume seems to be people's biggest problem with it, I can tell it's coming.

Maybe it's my own hearing sensitivity (I have to block my ears when I'm close to rally cars, even ambulance sirens), but I think that in time today's complaints will look like the people who didn't believe in wearing helmets in American football, or drivers' aids, or any other new feature that detracts from the "purity" of any motorsport.

And electric power gives you the opportunity for a 350-380hp world rally car to have maximum torque at any time, which (with the right regulations) can make for extremely exciting driving, especially on gravel/snow/ice/mud. As several people on this forum have pointed out, loads of torque and less grip = more sideways (of course sacrificing cornering speed). Not everyone may want that style of rally, but not everyone wants ever cleaner tarmac-like performance on every surface either. In the end I think there is enough give and take that it will still be a fun sport to watch and participate in if this shift were to happen in the future.

16. Likes: EstWRC (15th March 2018),pantealex (16th March 2018)