Page 96 of 237 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A FONDO View Post
    He has lost his speed though. Don't expect podiums or anything like that. Rather something like Henning in 2011.
    I'm expecting Henning 2018 speed.

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Qualification Stage to be revived ?

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...ld-be-revived/

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Qualification Stage to be revived ?

https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...ld-be-revived/
    Snap decision off the back of a single event.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

4. Likes: A FONDO (23rd February 2018),electroliquid (23rd February 2018),steve.mandzij (23rd February 2018)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    The championship leader running first on the road is rooted in the history of the WRC, and past champions have had to deal with it. It's the same for everybody. What's more, most gravel events are done with the major cleaning after 3stages in the morning loop.

Sweden was exceptionally bad, a perfect storm of having the most snow in years and also the big effect of the national rally running narrower tyres. I hope it's left the way it Is, the WRC is at its most competitive in over 15yrs so leave things for now. The best driver will still win the title at the end of the year (big mechanical issues aside) and that's all that matters...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

6. Likes: steve.mandzij (23rd February 2018)
    Liked 5,499 Times in 2,280 Posts

8. Likes: racerx1979 (24th February 2018)
    Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    Again always Ogier complaining, no one else is that loud than him. He will play that thing smart too. He will be slow on purpose. If the thing will be for reverse order then he will be on purpose 3rd or fourth (we all know why).

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    To be fair, why shouldn't the qualification stage come back? Gaps between the teams and drivers are closer than they have been in many, many years.
    Also this would make shakedown way more interesting for spectators + starting position selection would be good content to stream.
    Rallies today seem to come more and more down to the starting order and in some events being the championship leader is a way too big of a disadvantage.
    I myself give a big thumbs up to a qualification stage.

11. Likes: AndyRAC (24th February 2018),EstWRC (24th February 2018),racerx1979 (24th February 2018),stefanvv (23rd February 2018)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    Rallies today seem to come more and more down to the starting order and in some events being the championship leader is a way too big of a disadvantage.
    I myself give a big thumbs up to a qualification stage.
    and in some events road surface always give the championship leader a big big advantage on day 1. In some events including Sweden weather conditions determine if first on road on any day is an advantage or disadvantage. It balances itself out over a year. Titles are won by beating your closest rivals regularly throughout season
    I myself believe the current road order regulations are working very well across entire season. The regulations are about season long fairness.
    Personally I think a return to qualifying would be a backward step benefiting a few of the strongest drivers and curtail the development of new drivers. The current depth of drivers is partially due to success of the current road order regulations. If road order regulations are to be reviewed I would hope it would be with a view to (a) what is best over entire season and (b) do they support growing depth of talent.
    Last edited by KiwiWRCfan; 23rd February 2018 at 20:54. Reason: correct spelling error and insert missing words
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

13. Likes: A FONDO (23rd February 2018),AL14 (24th February 2018),AnttiL (24th February 2018),Dopey (24th February 2018),Rally Power (24th February 2018),steve.mandzij (23rd February 2018)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    and in some events road surface always give the championship leader a big big advantage on day 1. In some events including Sweden weather conditions determine if first on road on any day is an advantage or disadvantage. It balances itself out over a year. Titles are won by beating your closest rivals regularly throughout season
    Fair points, But qualification would do just this and drivers would need to push during the shakedown which would add more value to the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiWRCfan View Post
    I myself believe the current road order regulations are working very well across entire season. The regulations are about season long fairness.
    Personally I think a return to qualifying would be a backward step benefiting a few of the strongest drivers and curtail the development of new drivers. The current depth of drivers is partially due to success of the current road order regulations. If road order regulations are to be reviewed I would hope it would be with a view to (a) what is best over entire season and (b) do they support growing depth of talent.
    Strong drivers are strong for a reason and they shouldn't be punished for being good and since now we have many drivers who are purely super fast and are all capable of winning even without a help of a starting position. it was different when Citroen and Loeb were dominating the sport and rest of the competition needed all the help available to have any change.
    Talented drivers will always be able to show their potential and a good result would worth even more.

Like in F1 the races would be way more entertaining if they started in reversed championship order but does the fast guys really deserve it? no.
    Last edited by Essaj; 23rd February 2018 at 21:25.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    The championship leader running first on the road is rooted in the history of the WRC, and past champions have had to deal with it.
    Up until 1994 the previous year winner always started first, with the rest of the order being decided by the organizers. Another thing about that is that the rallies were longer, with the opening day mattering less in the starting order. But then again, there was no reversed starting order for the following days, the rally leader had to open the road.

Also, I remember lots of tactical penalties and stopping at the finish line from the late 90's Rally Finland when the opening day was very short and no one wanted to finish first because the second day would be long and crucial and no one wanted to start first.

16. Likes: AndyRAC (24th February 2018),Rally Power (24th February 2018)