Page 175 of 237 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2367
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    Hum it will be interesting at the end of the season, to see how Hyundai will manage in terms of championship in case of last rally decider.
    What is more important for them, manufacturer or driver? We may see the same situation as Loeb / Citroen in 2003.
    Food for thoughts.
    The summer break is already too long...
    canada... the drivers is more important, plus Fords lineup is nothing for the manufacturers, they only have Mr kaiser the manufacturers one will be over soon.

Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    canada... the drivers is more important, plus Fords lineup is nothing for the manufacturers, they only have Mr kaiser the manufacturers one will be over soon.
    I know how little you value Toyota, but i wouldn't rule out the manufacturer yet... The hyundai is not the most reliable either (Mikkelsen), and toyota have some strong rallys comming (Finland my guess is on a 1-2 toyota, tarmac they will be strong too).

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Yes Toyota could easily go 1-2-3 in Finland with the unlimited testing next to their HQ there. Almost did that least year with Lappi driving there first time in WRC and with Haninen.
    Then again they can totally fail like Citroen did this year in Corsica.

For Suninen and Evans Finland was also probably their strongest rally last year (discounting DMACK).
    Hyundai didn't had the pace, Paddon's comeback isn't really working well and Mikkelsen has usually been weak in Finland.

If Hyundai drops 30 points there it might be tough for manu title.

Germany depends on whether they sort tarmac car, Spain even more so. I don't expect miracles. GB and Australia were both strong from Hyundai last year. Turkey might end as an interesting joker.
    Last edited by mknight; 13th June 2018 at 00:42.

4. Likes: pantealex (13th June 2018)
    Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    no, you are wrong again like always

so Paddon to Citroen in 2019 rumours starting already, didnt take a long time, eh?

Like Nandan says they cant afford 4 cars for a full season. So either Sordo retires or Paddon goes to Citroen then.

i think Sordo said somewhere that he isnt interested anymore doing a full season?
    Not a chance, spoke to both Paddon and Marshall. Not interested.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 307 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    Not a chance, spoke to both Paddon and Marshall. Not interested.
    If Paddon is not interested, they are unlikely to get any top line driver.
    Ogier could go there, but could end up like Alonso in a McLaren.
    At least when Meeke was there, they could say the car was was quick,
    Its looking more like it was driver that was quick, and the car not.
    What Nevilles current contract status with Hyundai?
    Honestly feel Citroen will end up PAYG rally team.

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Paddon's comeback isn't really working well
    He's only had 3 WRC rallies so far this year - 5th in Sweden (just pipped for 4th by Lappi in powerstage IIRC), 4th in Sardinia and was leading in Portugal when he crashed avoiding a rock on the line.

While its not quite the podiums/wins he's wanting, I don't think its bad at all considering the lack of time in the car? I don't think he even got to test before Sardinia.

It will be interesting to see how he goes in Finland, he is usually fast there but was pretty unlucky last year with rocks.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I also think Paddon is lacking the pace we would expect. In Sardegna he was taking it easy because of the Portugal injuries?

9. Likes: pantealex (13th June 2018)
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I also think Paddon is lacking the pace we would expect. In Sardegna he was taking it easy because of the Portugal injuries?
    He was winning stages and leading the rally at times in Portugal so obviously not lacking pace there.

He did seem to be taking it gently on the jumps and rougher stuff in Sardegna which may be injury related, but also Friday conditions weren't good for his late road position with the mud, and then 3rd on the road when it was dry on Saturday probably wasn't likely to produce top times either - just the way it goes with conditions sometimes. A few different factors, small amounts of time that all add up.

11. Likes: AnttiL (13th June 2018),pantealex (13th June 2018),TWRC (13th June 2018)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts

More events and less test days

German rally website suggests 14 events likely in 2019 #WRC calendar.
    Test days for each team could be reduced from 55 days to 30 days per year https://www.rallye-magazin.de/wrc/ar...ttage-geplant/
    https://twitter.com/KiwiWRCfan adding a fans perspective to Twitter

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Why are the regulations so anti-testing in the top end of the motorsport? The teams would spend that money anyway trying to find the extra advantage. Be it simulations or whatever ways they'll find
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

14. Likes: sonnybobiche (13th June 2018)