Page 117 of 237 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2367
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Why, if you look at the ewrc results.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Msportwrcfan View Post
    VW must want him to test on asphalt. How did he get the m-sport Wrc drive, backing I believe, then was simply dropped for not being up to scratch. Surely has developed in wrc2 r5 class after but simply not good enough at the moment
    Wilson said several times that Camilli wasn’t a paying driver ant that he believed in the French potential; apparently he got tired of believing.

Btw, Camilli never had big personal sponsors but he’s close to Michelin WRC top staff; maybe it was them who suggested him to VW.
    Rally addict since 1982

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salamaja View Post
    finally some great news...

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Barritt suffered concussion during the pair’s sixth-gear roll at Rally Guanajuato Mexico earlier this month. After hospital checks, he was advised not to continue and the pair retired their M-Sport Ford Fiesta.
    He has since been recuperating at home in Britain and experienced co-driver Stuart Loudon partnered Evans for the Welshman’s two-day test on the Mediterranean island roads which started yesterday (Monday).
    Barritt will undergo a medical examination ahead of the Corsican event to check his fitness, but M-Sport is confident he will be given the green light for the fourth round of the FIA World Rally Championship.
    http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/news/march...8--12-12-.html

Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by salamaja View Post
    Wow. It finally makes sense. The teams have literally been paying these "journalists" the whole time to ensure nothing bad is ever said about anything the teams do. No wonder everything they say is pure fluff, especially Becs Williams. I know everyone here likes her, but I don't. To me, she's represents everything wrong with WRC reporting.

And the promoter sidelining Colin Clark? A guy who has the temerity to actually say something interesting once in a while on his own YouTube channel? Pathetic. Pathetic, and very bad for the sport. Bernie never sidelined Ted Kravitz because he asked a tough questions once in a while. Oliver Ciesla must have a very, very fragile ego.

That said, I've never been happy with the coverage on WRC Radio. 99% of it is Becs making puns, talking about the weather, giving split times, or apologising because we couldn't hear the stage end interview because the equipment isn't working.

Your only job is to keep the audience interested. If you can't do that because Ciesla is swinging the sword of Damocles over your head, resign and go work for Red Bull TV. Mike Chen and co have been doing really great stuff over there without fear of upsetting some vain idiot. I've been going back after each rally and watching the RBTV coverage and, frankly, it's still better than anything All Live has done since Monte.

7. Likes: AndyRAC (21st March 2018)
    Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    EXCITING NEW-LOOK ROUTE FOR 2018 DAYINSURE WALES RALLY GB

This year's Dayinsure Wales Rally GB (4-7 October) will feature an exciting new-look route and a shift of focus to the forests and venues of north Wales.

Click to read more ➡️*https://t.co/cQbBCvy2rF

#WRGB #WRC https://t.co/vsgH1Cd7XC

9. Likes: AnttiL (21st March 2018),Eli (21st March 2018)
    Liked 79 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    EXCITING NEW-LOOK ROUTE FOR 2018 DAYINSURE WALES RALLY GB

This year's Dayinsure Wales Rally GB (4-7 October) will feature an exciting new-look route and a shift of focus to the forests and venues of north Wales.

Click to read more ➡️*https://t.co/cQbBCvy2rF

#WRGB #WRC https://t.co/vsgH1Cd7XC
    For us it’s our fist Wales Rally GB. Is Betws-y-Coed a good spot for an accommodation? The stages on Saturday around Aberystwyth are a bit far away from Betws-y-Coed. But Thursday, Friday and Sunday should be ok? What do the experts say?

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Wow. It finally makes sense. The teams have literally been paying these "journalists" the whole time to ensure nothing bad is ever said about anything the teams do. No wonder everything they say is pure fluff, especially Becs Williams. I know everyone here likes her, but I don't. To me, she's represents everything wrong with WRC reporting.

And the promoter sidelining Colin Clark? A guy who has the temerity to actually say something interesting once in a while on his own YouTube channel? Pathetic. Pathetic, and very bad for the sport. Bernie never sidelined Ted Kravitz because he asked a tough questions once in a while. Oliver Ciesla must have a very, very fragile ego.

That said, I've never been happy with the coverage on WRC Radio. 99% of it is Becs making puns, talking about the weather, giving split times, or apologising because we couldn't hear the stage end interview because the equipment isn't working.

Your only job is to keep the audience interested. If you can't do that because Ciesla is swinging the sword of Damocles over your head, resign and go work for Red Bull TV. Mike Chen and co have been doing really great stuff over there without fear of upsetting some vain idiot. I've been going back after each rally and watching the RBTV coverage and, frankly, it's still better than anything All Live has done since Monte.
    I find her a nice person and enjoyable to listen to but I admit that I can't disagree with you when you say "The teams have literally been paying these "journalists" the whole time to ensure nothing bad is ever said about anything the teams do. No wonder everything they say is pure fluff."

I would not blame Becs and Colin too much though, everyone in their shoes would have done the same... It's this system that is pure cancer. Promoter should have done different if they want the sport to be told in a proper and effective way.
    Maybe I was naive but I was sure that they were too "kind" with drivers and teams to ensure their collaboration with them, not because they were literally paid by the teams. That's not journalism, that's press office...

12. Likes: dnb (23rd March 2018),N.O.T (21st March 2018),salamaja (22nd March 2018),sonnybobiche (21st March 2018)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    For us it’s our fist Wales Rally GB. Is Betws-y-Coed a good spot for an accommodation? The stages on Saturday around Aberystwyth are a bit far away from Betws-y-Coed. But Thursday, Friday and Sunday should be ok? What do the experts say?
    Yeah seems like a good shout to me. A bit hard to say without seeing the route in full. But that should put you in position for Shakedown (probably), Penmachno (if that runs) and anything around Brenig/Alwen etc. You're never going to get a perfect location for all four days so you just have to make the best compromise.

We should know more in April. This pre-press release press release is the new strategy now it seems.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

14. Likes: bearclaw (21st March 2018)