Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 78 Times in 65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Removing the MGU-H , a complicated bit , removes a major cost to start with .
    Making some parts standard is an attempt to have different engines easier to adapt to , as well as having set costing for various other bits which would normally have to be built in-house .

Most importantly , though , entry is made easier by making a new formula for all to start fresh , as starting in with all the incumbents well versed in how this car works is a steep hill to climb , and thus , not attractive at all .

They simply , all need to have a drive train they can promote as relevant to a car platform they produce .
    Then , they need to have a chance to win .
    Well, as the saying goes, the proof will be in the pudding. I remain skeptical about new entries arriving, but would love to be proven wrong.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

2. Likes: steveaki13 (8th November 2017)
    Liked 589 Times in 460 Posts
    I doubt it too Starter. Likewise I would love it too. F1 could really use some more new blood. People really enjoyed Hispania, Virgin & Lotus when they entered in 2010. Just a shame they lacked development or progression. Still had some good racing between them.
    Its not crashing it's drifting with style

Liked 78 Times in 65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    I doubt it too Starter. Likewise I would love it too. F1 could really use some more new blood. People really enjoyed Hispania, Virgin & Lotus when they entered in 2010. Just a shame they lacked development or progression. Still had some good racing between them.
    Yes, and that's why I'm skeptical. It costs a lot of $$$ to field a team. The rule about teams only getting money if they've scored points seems like a good idea on first glance as it could spur development. But in real life it really is a Catch 22. Fi has priced itself out of the reach of any but manufacturers and not all that many of them are interested.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 284 Times in 238 Posts
    They had meetings with many manufacturers attending and , presumably , that was to agree on rules which would spur on new entries .

As such , one might assume the rules have been made more attractive .

It must be difficult , as without , there is no allure at all .
    But , it must not be near impossible , as it was under Bernie , where new entries were mere pawns .

I'm maybe less of an optimist , and more of an anti-pessimist on this , because I really want it to work out for the better .

Liked 87 Times in 66 Posts
    A weakness of whatever tech regs they want to choose. Is that the sporting regs have been terrible since 1994. Because of mandatory pit stops, you don't get to see the see the pattern of racing, or what kind of tactics can be applied over a 300km distance. So no one see the true effect of the tech regs.

As far as more entries are concerned? The only way I can this happen, is for F1 to take a long term view. As in, expand to 2,3,4 series and have promotion/relegation. I don't see how any other way will work.