Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Vettel disagrees with you:

https://www.grandprix247.com/2017/08...-the-best-car/

Don't really get your last point, I've always rated Nico's ability supremely high and alway stated I felt he was good for a championship or two. Just always felt, and still do, that he didn't have to cheat to achieve it and he did that last year.
    What Rosberg did was what it took to be able to overcome a very incredible world champion that is Lewis Hamilton. And it only really succeeded because it was aided by some very dodgy reliability issues in the Hamilton car. But you have to be there to take advantage of your opponents misfortunes and Rosberg was very much there at each time to capitalize. He is a deserving world champion in my eyes. He drove exceptionally well in 2016 in what was an up and down changing of fortunes season. I felt Webber should have won one of the four driver titles that Vettel won. He really disappointed me because he was looking to the team to hand it to him rather than going out there to take it for himself.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 18th December 2017 at 10:47.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    What Rosberg did was what it took to be able to overcome a very incredible world champion that is Lewis Hamilton. And it only really succeeded because it was aided by some very dodgy reliability issues in the Hamilton car. But you have to be there to take advantage of your opponents misfortunes and Rosberg was very much there at each time to capitalize. He is a deserving world champion in my eyes. He drove exceptionally well in 2016 in what was an up and down changing of fortunes season. I felt Webber should have won one of the four driver titles that Vettel won. He really disappointed me because he was looking to the team to hand it to him rather than going out there to take for himself.

Yes, quite. I know he had a big fat zero DNF's which is quite remerkable in itself... but did Lewis actually have any mechanical issues this season? I don't remember them...
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    There was a smell last year that the viewing public did not like The unreliability that Hamilton had with his car ,the problems with the team ,the plans the slips ups all for Hamilton I thought Hamilton got very down at one point and knew where the problem was and what it was about He actually said when asked his views "You can read it ALL in my book when I retire" Why did Rosberg have all the "luck" last year ,and had Mercedes been told by Keke that once Nico won a championship he would retire ? They were all surprised at Mercedes when Rosberg announced his retirement But we will never know if they really knew before .I know something for sure Hamilton has had not a quarter of the DNFs that he had last year

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    There was a smell last year that the viewing public did not like The unreliability that Hamilton had with his car ,the problems with the team ,the plans the slips ups all for Hamilton I thought Hamilton got very down at one point and knew where the problem was and what it was about He actually said when asked his views "You can read it ALL in my book when I retire" Why did Rosberg have all the "luck" last year ,and had Mercedes been told by Keke that once Nico won a championship he would retire ? They were all surprised at Mercedes when Rosberg announced his retirement But we will never know if they really knew before .I know something for sure Hamilton has had not a quarter of the DNFs that he had last year
    Unfortunately, the Rosberg WDC and the circumstances of it would always be a stain in Mercedes F1 history. Because when we praise Rosberg for what was a great performance, people would always also refer to the dodgy reliability that beset Hamilton that year. Hamilton won more races and had more engine problems than any Mercedes powered car that year but Rosberg with more points in the same car and no severe engine problems won it.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 21st December 2017 at 17:04.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare