Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 79 Times in 63 Posts
    You guys are confusing with Webber for someone who is really talented. I also find it unusual that anyone rates Hamilton's 08 title as particularly good, excluding that he reset the record for youngest champ. Overall, he was better in his first year. In hindsight he was fortunate Alonso left, as Alonso would've taken points off him.

That being said. He'll be racing til his mid 40s. I now expect him to get 8 titles and 100 wins.
    Last edited by journeyman racer; 11th November 2017 at 22:50.

2. Likes: zako85 (7th November 2017)
    Liked 123 Times in 97 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post

Was that because Vettel got everything out of it or Webber was average? Hard to know.
    I think what happened with Webber is that he was well above average at some point but reached his peak in 2010. I recall reading Webber's interview about why he decided to quit F1 after 2013 (I can't find its link unfortunately), where Webber tells that he worked very hard to beat Vettel week after week all the time, and then he looked at himself in a mirror and had a thought "I am not 22 year old any more" or something like that, and then he decided to quit.

Liked 79 Times in 63 Posts
    Webber is average. Has always been. From British fford to Mercedes GT, to f3000, to his F1 career prior to 2010.

Liked 180 Times in 130 Posts

Congrats Lewis Hamilton 4 time world champion

Congratulations to Lewis, hes once again shown what sets him apart from many and joins the elite group with Vettel. I have a feeling hell fight for one more championship and retire. Ive always thought hed leave the sport in his early 30s. When youve got 4 titles the rest is just doing it for fun and hes evidently looking at a career outside of F1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk