Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Congrats Lewis Hamilton 4 time world champion

So a slightly crazy race but a good one.

Its an immense achievement to win 4 world titles. He stands with 5 men only who have achieved this. He should be proud no matter if people love or hate him.

Great effort today from Vettel. Great comeback. Launched into overtakes determined to try his hardest to win the race. Did all he could. Shows the level of the racing driver.

Hamilton had massive damage to his diffuser as shown on Sky. Great to see Alonso absolutely not show any mercy to the Champion elect and battle hard. Again the guy shows his genius and class.

Good race and deserving world champion.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

2. Likes: Duncan (30th October 2017),N. Jones (30th October 2017),Tazio (29th October 2017),truefan72 (30th October 2017)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Congratulations Lewis.

What now... are you retiring or chasing a 5th title?

4. Likes: N. Jones (30th October 2017)
    He should go for number 5. To match Fangio would be awesome.

Amazing how many people on social media (i know that says it all) are bashing Hamilton for his 4 titles.

I know its dull to see 4 titles for Mercedes in a row, but that is F1. Most drivers Champions have the best car that season. He won 4 titles and deserves recognition love him or hate him.

6. Likes: henners88 (15th November 2017)
    Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
    Congratulations to Lewis!

He said that he's not thinking of retiring yet, so let's look forward to a good championship battle again next year.

I think Max Verstappen will be a bigger threat next year too.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Big Congratulations to British 4 times Champion Lewis Hamilton
    Like him or hate him he does it his way OK maybe he has had the best car but Bottas struggles with it ,so its not as good as the Red Bull that Vettel won his 4 titles in .
    Vettel lost this race due to the "Red Mist" when he saw Hamilton was passing him as well as Vestappen
    Had he have let Hamilton go suffered no damage then challenged for the race with pure racing ability ,he would be more respected .Most of his problems this year have been with his aggressive starts

To be fair. I am still not convinced it was intentional. However he has a history of getting frustrated at things.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    Big Congratulations to British 4 times Champion Lewis Hamilton
    Like him or hate him he does it his way OK maybe he has had the best car but Bottas struggles with it ,so its not as good as the Red Bull that Vettel won his 4 titles in .
    I don't get your rather flawed logic here. Vettel took the championship titles in 2010 through 2013. But despite everyone talking about how dominant that Red Bull car was, Webber hasn't finished in any of those seasons higher than 3rd. In 2012 he was 6th. In 2010 and 2012 Ferrari was within a few points from taking a driver's title, which proves that RBR wasn't as dominant was some people claim.

On the other hand, the Mercedes drivers finished the 2014, 2015, and 2016 championships as 1-2 which is an evidence in favor of those Mercedes cars being extremely dominant. Those three years no car could challenge them consistently. It looks like this year there can be an exception to this rule, with Vettel _perhaps _ taking the second, but that's not guaranteed. Either way, the 2017 season proves that Ferrari has caught up with Mercedes in many many parts of season, and (2) Bottas isn't very good. Rosberg was able to put real competitive pressure on Hamilton, but Bottas is not someone who is a menace to Lewis.
    Last edited by zako85; 31st October 2017 at 13:10.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    I don't get your rather flawed logic here. Vettel took the championship titles in 2010 through 2013. But despite everyone talking about how dominant that Red Bull car was, Webber hasn't finished in any of those seasons higher than 3rd. In 2012 he was 6th. In 2010 and 2012 Ferrari was within a few points from taking a driver's title, which proves that RBR wasn't as dominant was some people claim.

On the other hand, the Mercedes drivers finished the 2014, 2015, and 2016 championships as 1-2 which is an evidence in favor of those Mercedes cars being extremely dominant. Those three years no car could challenge them consistently. It looks like this year there can be an exception to this rule, with Vettel _perhaps _ taking the second, but that's not guaranteed. Either way, the 2017 season proves that Ferrari has caught up with Mercedes in many many parts of season, and (2) Bottas isn't very good. Rosberg was able to put real competitive pressure on Hamilton, but Bottas is not someone who is a menace to Lewis.
    Damn, there's those pesky facts again. Where is Trump when you need him?
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

I have to agree to a point with Zako

I mean Red Bull seemed dominant but Webber was not often close to the title fight. Maybe 2010.

Was that because Vettel got everything out of it or Webber was average? Hard to know.

Mercedes have been dominant 14-16.

This year there have been at least 6 races where in race set up the Mercedes were not the fastest car.

I think this is Hamiltons best Mercedes title. Close to 2008 levels.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk

13. Likes: Duncan (31st October 2017),Jag_Warrior (1st November 2017),zako85 (7th November 2017)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post

I think this is Hamiltons best Mercedes title. Close to 2008 levels.
    I agree with this. Having followed him since his junior formula days, I have to say that I've been impressed with how he's matured and developed as a racer. Where once he didn't know how to manage his tires, now he's one of the better ones when it comes to tire management. The way that he marked time while Vettel burned up his tires in the USGP, and then pounced on him, was the best example of that this year, IMO.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

15. Likes: steveaki13 (1st November 2017)