Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts

Palmer gets the boot, Sainz moves in

So Renault have just confirmed that Sainz will be joining them from Austin onwards, which in turn clears the way for Gasly and Kyvat to see out the season with Toro Rosso.

2. Likes: A FONDO (7th October 2017)
    Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    All I want to know is how is this going to affect my Fgp team?
    May the forza be with you

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    About time I say. Palmer should not be driving in F1 even if his father paid 100 mln.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Well even though his father pays millions ,and only later in the season has he pulled his finger out ,although his car was disappointing in the early part of the season whilst Hulkenbergs was less troublesome I think he is a better driver than Ericson and his team mate ,who at one time was lined up to be a team mate for Hamilton Maybe Sauber could give Palmer a race before the end of the season ,and let's see if the Sauber is a dog or Palmer too much of a pussy

6. Likes: Tazio (8th October 2017)
    Liked 1,053 Times in 594 Posts
    Thank God. It was painful watching Nico in the points while Jolyon was tootling around in 14th.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    The bizarre end result of this strange game of musical (Formula 1) chairs is that Kvyat gets his drive back. Does Red Bull have no one else worthier in its junior drivers pipeline any more?

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    Well even though his father pays millions ,and only later in the season has he pulled his finger out ,although his car was disappointing in the early part of the season whilst Hulkenbergs was less troublesome I think he is a better driver than Ericson and his team mate ,who at one time was lined up to be a team mate for Hamilton Maybe Sauber could give Palmer a race before the end of the season ,and let's see if the Sauber is a dog or Palmer too much of a pussy
    I think that's rather unfair on Wehrlein. As far as I know, one of the friction points between Kaltenborn and the new Sauber owner was the fact that she insisted on giving both drivers equal treatment while the Swedish owner wanted to favor Ericsson, so it might just be that Pascal might be getting worse machinery. I don't think his skills were highly rated by most teams for no reason.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    If neither Palmer nor Ericsson are on the grid next season, we'll be as close to not having a single donkey on the grid as we've been in years. I'm assuming that no one accepts a (rubber) Bank of Venezuela check from Pastor Maldonado.

I actually liked Palmer in GP2. Not a huge talent, but he was kinda fun to watch. He wasn't F1 material though.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

11. Likes: driveace (15th October 2017)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    About dalm time.. i remember palmer moaning when max verstappen was entered into f1 at such a young age and now max has proven all doughters wrong including that clown palmer.

Nae luck palmer haha

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I have no issue with Palmer but he is not up to F1 so I cannot blame Renault. I hope he doesn't get a Williams seat.

Hopefully he goes and enjoys a good career elsewhere.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy