Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Austin '17

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts

Austin '17

It's back to where it's weird , in the land of tumbleweeds , and , with suitable weirdness , Carlos Sainz has had a bat found hanging in his suspension overnight .
    Superstition has it that one can expect major life changes when a bat comes into your house .

It would be weird if he won .

I can't wait to see if the reds can get it together this weekend , because I don't want it to be over yet .

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    The weather forecast is 77F/25C for Sunday, which should be a comfortable racing temperature. This is the best time of year to visit Texas IMHO, as opposed to July or August when the temperatures usually hit over 100F/37C with plenty of humidity.

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    It's back to where it's weird , in the land of tumbleweeds , and , with suitable weirdness , Carlos Sainz has had a bat found hanging in his suspension overnight .
    Superstition has it that one can expect major life changes when a bat comes into your house .

It would be weird if he won .

I can't wait to see if the reds can get it together this weekend , because I don't want it to be over yet .

Sorry
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post

Sorry
    I said "bat" not "Barris" !
    Although , Carlos does have a bit of an "Eddie" look to him . Different haircut , though .

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    All drivers with all 4 wheels off at turn 19 should have their laps invalidated.
    Its just too annoying. Vettel isn't even trying. he is like a good 2 feet outside the white line.
    ...and yeah, i see Hamilton is also marginally outside on some laps.

I know last year they said that turn 19 was exempt because you couldn't gain a time advantage, but i beg to differ
    you can't argue with results.

6. Likes: Duncan (22nd October 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    All drivers with all 4 wheels off at turn 19 should have their laps invalidated.
    Its just too annoying. Vettel isn't even trying. he is like a good 2 feet outside the white line.
    ...and yeah, i see Hamilton is also marginally outside on some laps.

I know last year they said that turn 19 was exempt because you couldn't gain a time advantage, but i beg to differ
    This kind of rule needs to be enforced during qualifying with no exceptions for anything , including the fact that it is deemed no advantage to do so .
    Limits are limits when rules are as straight forward as this .

Allowing any breach of the limits just makes the stewards look like they don't know the rules .
    And , breaching those limits should really be going outside the lines with the outside wheel , not the inside one . That's when they really go outside the track surface .
    They seem to be able to do that in Monaco , with no run-off , so why isn't this the standard everywhere ?

This kind of rule needs to be enforced during qualifying with no exceptions for anything , including the fact that it is deemed no advantage to do so .

Allowing any breach of the limits just makes the stewards look like they don't know the rules .
    And , breaching those limits should really be going outside the lines with the outside wheel , not the inside one . That's when they really go outside the track surface .
    They seem to be able to do that in Monaco , with no run-off , so why isn't this the standard everywhere ?
    The FIA and Charlie are a JOKE...

Quali Dawgz!
    I picked Fred finishing 10th as my upset pick (which have pretty much helped me to p7 so far in the inter-forum pickems). But I have a feeling this one is going to bite me in the ass.

Stroll in for a reprimand. What was he thinking?

11. Likes: truefan72 (21st October 2017)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

I agree. Everyone was going way wide on turn 19 and a bit on turn 10. Some of Hamilton's best laps had him well outside of turn 19 and others did the same.
    They have now issued one of their "special grey area" edicts as to exceeding track limits which has managed to muddle the issue rather than clear it up.
    Simple solution. All 4 wheels outside the tracks should be a nullification of said lap. It worked in Austria 2 years ago and the drivers learned. So why not here when the violations are so blatant?
    Instead, we might have confusion post race with some drivers getting penalized and others not on the subjective whims of the stewards.
    Come on Charlie. smh
    Last edited by truefan72; 21st October 2017 at 23:10.
    you can't argue with results.

13. Likes: Tazio (21st October 2017)