Threaded View

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts

Charlie Whiting...

I just watched the coverage released of the drivers briefing from the Japanese Grand Prix.

Looking at that coverage, it could not be more obvious to me that Charlie Whiting is not up to the task he is charged with. He picks and choses what rules should be obeyed based upon the circumstances at hand. He admits in the briefing that Vettel broke a rule in Malaysia by taking the steering wheel with him but didn't deem it worth reporting to the stewards because it wasn't needed in that circumstance by the Marshals to remove the vehicle, which is the main reason the rule is in place to begin with. So Vettel broke the rule but didn't break the need behind the rule, therefore, it's okay.

Perhaps all the rules should be accompanied by the reasoning for a rule. That way drivers can very easily chose which rules they do and do not break and it'll all be okay.

This sort of fuckwitterry and bending of the rules to ones own interpretation is why F1 officiating has been so rubbish for many years. It introduces endless grey areas which drivers and fans must frustratingly try to continually decipher. Rules are rules and should be obeyed regardless of the situation or circumstances at hand.

So basically, the way F1 works is you can break any rule you like but as long as Charlie is okay with it, you're fine. It's like me getting caught driving dangerously swerving on the road and then arguing in court that any punishment didn't apply because the road was clear so I wasn't endangering myself or other drivers which is the main reason the rule is in place; thus, leave me go home please. I can't imagine that working with any judge.

Charlie Whiting is an embarrassment and we need someone with a pair of balls in there whom will apply the rules 100% all the time.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 13th October 2017 at 09:08.

2. Likes: Duncan (22nd October 2017),truefan72 (17th October 2017),Warriwa (26th October 2017)