Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,444 Times in 828 Posts

53º Rally RACC Catalunya – Costa Daurada 2017

http://www.rallyracc.com/2017/descargas/itinerario.pdf

Rally Itinerary for the 53rd edition of the RACC, 312Km & 19 Stages, first day gravel, other 2 days on tarmac.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    I'll be there for 2-nd consecutive year. Flights and apartment already booked, only 3 months left

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rage82 View Post
    I'll be there for 2-nd consecutive year. Flights and apartment already booked, only 3 months left

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

For us this wil be first time WRC Catalunya, Flights, apartment booked.

Realy don't know what to expect from this one, how many stages a day is possible? Some things we have to see?

Liked 12,161 Times in 5,215 Posts
    so out of this itinerary what are the stages you recommend who have been there? it will be my first time too
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Go on then I think I'm going to be at this one too. I last went in 2015 and really enjoyed it. Just need to sort out a flight.

Need to do a bit of research because as I understand it the stage names often change, but that doesn't mean they are new stages by any means. I don't have enough experience to start recommending stages. I just know that if you want to watch the famous roundabout then definitely wear some walking boots! Not super easy to stand on that banking.
    Last edited by Simmi; 3rd July 2017 at 11:44.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 63 Times in 21 Posts
    There's excellent viewing in the village of Viabala des arc which is ss3. El montmell on Saturday is an excellent fast stage with plenty of cuts. But there's a new stage on Saturday so I'll have to wait to drive that and see. The opening section of the Pradit stage is fast and bumpy with some excellent viewing, it's the power stage also. The service on Friday evening is brilliant as well, watching the change over from gravel to tarmac spec

7. Likes: Simmi (3rd July 2017)
    thanks a lot!

Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts
    Hi, i hope this year i will be in the event like other years, i let you here some of my videos, if you like any zone, only have to ask and i will answer if is in this years route and where it is.
    https://youtu.be/ROIlj_70TNE
    https://youtu.be/WfkmbkC42iw
    https://youtu.be/HbNRl9mLmR0
    Time to study!!!

Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    I think it would be very difficult to watch more than 2 stages on Friday. There's only 1 hour between the start of the 1-st stage and the 3-rd and you have to drive at least 30 min. from the start of ss1 to the start of ss3 which is the shortest route. Add 3 min gaps probably for the WRC cars and the time to go back to the car and the time to park for the next stage, so it's getting really harder to do it. Last year we were watching ss3 at the end of the tarmac section, not bad but nothing special too. Gorban and Veiby lost the rear of the car on the hairpin to the gravel section, and that's was it. The second pass we were on the compression where Kruuda has his crash in 2014. I'm talking about this place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU2NgA6UuyQ. It's really spectacular, I'm considering to go there again this year. There's also alternative path along the stage meaning you can reach the place even coming later. There's also nice looking spectating place in the woods towards the end of ss3 but never been there, maybe I'll try to check it this year but I need to figure out the easiest way to go, as it looks a bit remote from the other zones.
    On Saturday it looks like there's a chance to watch more 2 stages with 2 min gaps for the wrc cars. If you are near the start of El Montmell watching the first 20 cars, maybe it would be possible to go towards the end of Savalla but Savalla is a new stage( for me ) not sure where you can watch and how is the acces.
    If somebody has any ideas how to watch more stages on Friday, feel free to share it.

im hugely disappointed in this itinerary, like you said you cant watch more than 2 stages per day which makes 6 stages total over weekend.For example in finland we will see 5 stages on friday ALONE.

what a *******

12. Likes: Eli (13th July 2017),Jinu13 (20th September 2017),sonnybobiche (7th September 2017)