Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts

2017 Malaysia Grand Prix

Sadly it's F1's last visit to Sepang. It's one of the best of the modern circuits IMO and we've seen some exciting races here over the years. Here's hoping for one last classic race.

Surprisingly Mercedes are on the back foot in Friday practice, 6th and 7th in both sessions and some way off the pace. Red Bull topped the wet first session, with Alonso 3rd. Ferrari were fastest in P2, followed by Red Bull and then Alonso again in 5th! Fernando for the win? Perhaps not

The second session was cut short after a dislodged drain cover caused Grosjean to suffer a shredded tyre and a trip to the barriers.
    Last edited by AndyL; 30th September 2017 at 23:36.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Bad luck for Grosjean. This time he would have been totally justified in moaning as he usually does and he didn't, in fairness. Usually he is never justified when he moans.

Mercedes on the backfoot but I think they can turn it around over night. Looks good for RBR but Mercs need to be ahead of them and Ferrari.

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    Vettel in a heap 'o trouble
    May the forza be with you

Bye

Alright The Boss!

Savage lap from Hammy! Destroying Bottas in qualifying after the summer break. I'm sure Bottas will improve next year though.

No sympathy for Ferrari from me. Any bad luck they have they thoroughly deserve. Hopefully Max will have a good race tomorrow, he deserves a good run now.

If Lewis wins tomorrow and gets over a 40 point lead then really, barring a Mercedes implosion, it's Lewis championship.

7. Likes: Jag_Warrior (30th September 2017),Tazio (30th September 2017)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Bottas well beaten by Hamilton. Has the new contract made him too relaxed?

Mighty lap by Vandoorne, he has really gotten into a groove.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I can see how all the Vettel and Ferrari haters/Hamilton fanboys are gloating now. Well, you can now enjoy the rest of your completion-free season. How great! Apparently, Ferrari and Vettel truly deserved it as our resident Ferrari and Vettel haters, such as the Black Knight, have already well explained it. Well enjoy. What a glorious season for Hamilton. If he wins it, he should tatoo 2017 on his chest, because it was so much deserved, again.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    It's quite surprising to see Vandoorne getting the better of Alonso in quali. I think it's the third time this season, but only the first one when Fernando wasn't going to take a grid penalty due to engine changes. Let's hope to see both Maccas firmly in the points tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    I can see how all the Vettel and Ferrari haters/Hamilton fanboys are gloating now. Well, you can now enjoy the rest of your completion-free season. How great! Apparently, Ferrari and Vettel truly deserved it as our resident Ferrari and Vettel haters, such as the Black Knight, have already well explained it. Well enjoy. What a glorious season for Hamilton. If he wins it, he should tatoo 2017 on his chest, because it was so much deserved, again.
    It was a false competition anyway. Vettel should have been banned for the season after Baku. Unfortunately the FIA are a bunch of gutless wonders more concerned with assisting Ferrari than doing what is right.

I consider all of this as karma coming back to bite him. If you'd be happy with a driver that used his car as a weapon against his main rival winning the championship then that says more about you than I could ever write in any post.

Anyway, the season isn't over. It may turn around and, you'd never know, you may get to see Vettel win it yet!

12. Likes: andyone (1st October 2017)