Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    I can see how all the Vettel and Ferrari haters/Hamilton fanboys are gloating now. Well, you can now enjoy the rest of your completion-free season. How great! Apparently, Ferrari and Vettel truly deserved it as our resident Ferrari and Vettel haters, such as the Black Knight, have already well explained it. Well enjoy. What a glorious season for Hamilton. If he wins it, he should tatoo 2017 on his chest, because it was so much deserved, again.
    I've always rather liked Vettel (a true character with a quick wit and seriously quick from Day 1), and I've been a Ferrari fan on & off since the 70's. But yes, his behavior in Baku (and the FIA's resulting wrist tap) caused me to not want to see him win the WDC. With a 1 race ban, I could have called it even in my head. Plus, yes, I am a Hammy Fan (although I'm not a fan of his fashion sense). I've been following him since before he made it to GP2. But I wanted to see a good fight this year that didn't just include two Mercedes doing battle. Up to Baku, I was able to appreciate Vettel's good days, as well as Lewis'. After Baku, not so much. So seeing Vettel getting slapped around by Karma now just seems fitting. His words that Webber didn't deserve to win a few years ago still ring in my head.

Still, I believe tomorrow's race will be a good one. Vettel from the back and the Red Bulls and Kimi are on the pace. Anything could happen - though I hope "anything" doesn't include Hamilton's Mercedes having only 3 wheels attached after turn 1.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    I got the thread title wrong, apparently it's the "Malaysia Grand Prix" not "Malaysian Grand Prix". Anyway roll on 8AM tomorrow (UK time). Should be entertaining to see how far Vettel can cut through the field. And barring any rain delays, I should be able to get away after the race in time to make the first BTCC race at Brands Hatch According to the current forecast, rain is more likely before the race than during.

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    It's quite surprising to see Vandoorne getting the better of Alonso in quali. I think it's the third time this season, but only the first one when Fernando wasn't going to take a grid penalty due to engine changes. Let's hope to see both Maccas firmly in the points tomorrow.
    Fred has gone for more of a race setup!?
    May the forza be with you

Morning all

Nightmare for Ferrari, looks like Raikkonen won't make the start.

Good work by Vandoorne... that McLaren made the Williams look very ordinary through the fast corners.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Fred has gone for more of a race setup!?
    Apparently not. Stoffel is just being a lot faster than 'Nando today. Maybe Fernando has his sights set on 2018 and forgot that he's got a race to run today?

A lot of drivers complaining about each other in incidents today. They all looked like racing incidents to me, apart from that last one that wasn't even during the race!

8. Likes: truefan72 (1st October 2017)
    Max wants a can of pop in the cool-down room... kids eh

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Delighted for Max! He deserves this after having such an unlucky season.

34 points in it keeps the championship alive. Good damage limitation by Vettel but what a wholly bizarre incident with Stroll. It appears now as though Mercedes have the 3rd best race car. Suzuka is going to be key to the championship. If Hamilton can win there, game over for the championship.

11. Likes: truefan72 (1st October 2017)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Bottas was the donkey of the race for me, destroyed by Vettel who started P20.

13. Likes: truefan72 (1st October 2017)