Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AAReagles View Post
    That's the only complaint I have about the race, was drivers crying over Incidental contact.Though I know that's not something to ever go away.

Other than that I enjoyed the really close scraps continuing throughout much of the race.
    yup. And it was refreshing (albeit perhaps slightly naive) from Ocon to not complain over the radio, even at the team's behest.
    To me, that was actually the only incident that I thought was a clear cut infringement by a driver. Sainz simply barged in to him after a clean overtake.
    But credit to Ocon there.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Sad for Kimi .
    Happy for Max .
    Great job by Hammy , for taking Vettel's lesson from the first corner of the last race and applying it here , not fighting too hard with someone not in the real hunt .
    Hard fought by Seb , but dopey to get tangled with Lance afterwards , so , maybe didn't learn the lesson from the first corner of the last race .

And , good job by the stewards , not handing out any penalties .

Liked 153 Times in 85 Posts
    History repeating: Kvyat gets demoted and Verstappen wins the race!
    Viola ad oltranza...

4. Likes: gm99 (2nd October 2017)
    Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    I Fell asleep 10 minutes before the the start, and woke up during the last lap. I guess I missed a good race!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I Fell asleep 10 minutes before the the start, and woke up during the last lap. I guess I missed a good race!
    For me to watch an entire race, never mind the usual front runner blow outs, it was good. Top to bottom. Most times I watch 30-45 min., and that's it - because of what's happening (or not rather) on the track. Then come back for the last 5 or so laps left.

As someone pointed out earlier, the Red Bulls showed up, Vettel was on it, and Sergio had a good run as well, especially early in the race - a result of his notably good start.

I was mostly impressed with so many close quarter wheel-to-wheel combat taking place on the track sections where the corners are tight and a bit narrow, that there weren't more collisions. This was some really good driving. Really good show - except for Stroh not paying attention on the last lap.
    FIDO - Forget It, Drive On

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    yup. And it was refreshing (albeit perhaps slightly naive) from Ocon to not complain over the radio, even at the team's behest.
    To me, that was actually the only incident that I thought was a clear cut infringement by a driver. Sainz simply barged in to him after a clean overtake.
    But credit to Ocon there.
    Hadn't he been scolded earlier in the race, for speaking out of turn on the radio? That might have had some influence. I seem to recall he complained about Perez after the start and from the response it sounded like he's not supposed to be airing Force India's dirty laundry in public any more.
    Last edited by AndyL; 1st October 2017 at 21:48.

Liked 54 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I really like the NBCSN sports app.
    First thing in the morning, coffee and F1
    "Wives live longer than husbands, because they are not married to women" Colin Mochrie - "Whose Line is it anyway?" - The funniest TV show on earth!

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_swiss View Post
    I really like the NBCSN sports app.
    First thing in the morning, coffee and F1
    Completely off topic, but what happened to the F2 races and the various post-race interviews that used to be on the NBCSN app???
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    New conspiracy theory out has it that Vettel caused the post-race incident with Stroll to be able to circumvent being penalized for changing out his gearbox for the next race .

Times for Seb in the last few laps went up 5 seconds , leading thought that they were nursing it to the end .

Strange that there doesn't seem to be any video of the actual incident .

Plausible theory , but it would have taken some quick thinking from either Seb or his team to come up with the idea at that moment , so it , perhaps , would have had to be an idea they talked about in advance .

Good gambit , if it was indeed that , as it seems there will be no punishment for either for the incident , and special dispensation for a new box for Suzuka .

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Nice theory Seems unlikely though... there was some movement from Stroll involved in the collision, which Vettel couldn't have anticipated.