Threaded View

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Delighted for Max! He deserves this after having such an unlucky season.

34 points in it keeps the championship alive. Good damage limitation by Vettel but what a wholly bizarre incident with Stroll. It appears now as though Mercedes have the 3rd best race car. Suzuka is going to be key to the championship. If Hamilton can win there, game over for the championship.
    indeed. I think Mercedes have a slight tendency to overdevelop the cars when not necessary. They were in a good zone after Italy but felt the need to go...in yet an other direction... which was masked by the singapore race and exposed fully in Malaysia. so much so that Hamilton decided to revert back to the older setup and spec of the car and honestly, outdrive the given machinery. something that bottas, much to my dissapointment, was not able to do. I was really disappointing with him today in every sense. Couldn't overtake verstappen on the opening lap, could not give ricciardo or vettel any kind of fight and ended up miles behind them. No matter what, at the end of the day he is still driving a mercedes and in this race showed why he was only given a 1-year extension.
    anyway, Hamilton did what he could and extended his lead.
    congrats to Max, and a big thanks to Ricciardo for holding off Vettel.

Massa, Magnussen and Bottas are my donkeys of the race
    Last edited by truefan72; 1st October 2017 at 09:56.
    you can't argue with results.