Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Singapore '17

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    As I saw it Vettel was aggressive in his move left .Kimi had a brilliant start,and although Max was the "Jam in the Sandwich" I feel that Max could see he was being squeezed and backed out,Kimi veers right and catches Max .
    To my view Max was off the gas ,and both Red cars squeezed him out .
    His father Jos ,knew the score too ,and Jos has been there ,whereas many on here including myself have not
    And Villeneuve

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...ash-on-himself

2. Likes: driveace (21st September 2017)
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    That's exactly why it was such a boneheaded move by Vettel.

1. He was trying to make an aggressive move on somebody that was not important in the championship
    Another rush of blood to the head for Vettel. They've cost him 30+ points this season, and now he's 28 points behind in the chamionship.

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Vettel punked himself on this one. Though I don't think he really did anything that deserved penalty by the regs, the severe chop had Max worrying about him so much that he didn't pay much attention to Kimi until it was too late. In the end I'd say racing incident, but not a smart move when it comes to title points. And for once, I can't say I can reasonably think Max could have done anything much better. Kimi came alongside so quick he had very little time to react when the reds starting making that RB sandwich.

Kimi, Alonso, and the others that had to avoid the chaos and might have lost track position were the ones that paid a price along with Vettel and Max. Absolute blinder of a start by Kimi, I think he may have actually beaten Seb to the first turn.

Considering the track and the lack of passing opportunity, at least some decent on track action after the first turn crappola. Shame for Seb, he is a beast at this track and had no reason to toss away points after the poor qually by Lewis.

5. Likes: The Black Knight (22nd September 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    As slow as Kimi would have been
    I'd be pretty certain that, despite his great start last weekend, Kimi would probably have spun off somewhere had Vettel not had his brainfart. He certainly wouldn't have won.

Mind you, that's no surprise, considering he's, embarrassingly, the only driver in the top 3 teams to not have won a race in years.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 25th September 2017 at 08:15.

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I'd be pretty certain that, despite his great start last weekend, Kimi would probably have spun off somewhere had Vettel not had his brainfart. He certainly wouldn't have won.

Mind you, that's no surprise, considering he's, embarrassingly, the only driver in the top 3 teams to not have won a race in years.
    I don't have an ax to grind with Kimi, but he has barely half the points of Vettel. That is as bad as he matched up against Fred at Ferrari. He's a good driver, but let's face it, he's been an "also ran" for a few years now.
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I don't have an ax to grind with Kimi, but he has barely half the points of Vettel. That is as bad as he matched up against Fred at Ferrari. He's a good driver, but let's face it, he's been an "also ran" for a few years now.
    Agreed. It may seem as though I may have an axe to grind with Kimi at times but that's not the case. I just think that after 4 years without a victory in the cars he has had and, especially given the relative successes of his teammates throughout, it's about time people stopped considering him as a top tier driver. He's not! Maybe back in the day he was but, now, he certainly isn't.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 26th September 2017 at 08:20.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Maybe his sabbatical from F1 when he went rallying has harmed his F1 career
    Vettel obviously does not see him as a threat ,that is why he wants him signed up for another year along side him
    And maybe Raikkonen knows he is second driver ,and enjoys the money he gets and the ice Cream in Ferrari,s fridge

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    I'm sure Kimi likes the money, but it doesn't affect his driving performance. He has lost a little. It is amazing that he has hung in as long as he has. As for the ice cream, well Ferrari have a fridge full of Gelato Paradiso, and that is a big bonus
    May the forza be with you