Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Singapore '17

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I wouldn't say that the Dutch is 100% blameless. He could have avoided Kimi but then he's a racer . Other drivers might have avoided the accident. This one didn't and he often doesn't. I seems to be a very talented moron. According to my made up on the sport calculations it's like Vettel 80%, Verstappen 20%. It's funny how some point at the fact that Kimi might have turned 2cm to the right, as cause of the accident .
    Last edited by Big Ben; 20th September 2017 at 11:53. Reason: forgot to roll my eyes

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I wouldn't say that the Dutch is 100% blameless. He could have avoided Kimi but then he's a racer . Other drivers might have avoided the accident. This one didn't and he often doesn't. I seems to be a very talented moron. According to my made up on the sport calculations it's like Vettel 80%, Verstappen 20%. It's funny how some point at the fact that Kimi might have turned 2cm to the right, as cause of the accident .
    The only way he could have avoided hitting Kimi would have been to have an even bigger crash with Vettel. That or slow dramatically and get hit from behind. And the decision had to be made in a fraction of a second - unlike those posting here who have had days and many replays to make up their minds. The entire incident was caused by Vettel's banzi move across the track. I've revised my opinion of the cause to 99% Vettel.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I don't care how many percent of unwashed masses still believe that Vettel was at fault. Vettel might have driven aggressively, but he pretty much had no way to see that Verstappen had no racing room on his left because Raikkonen happened to have an incredibly good start and filled the space between Verstappen and the wall. This was pretty much a racing incident, and trying to seek the guilty party in it, simply confirms you as an incredibly stuck up fanboy or a hater (of whoever).

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    I don't care how many percent of unwashed masses still believe that Vettel was at fault. Vettel might have driven aggressively, but he pretty much had no way to see that Verstappen had no racing room on his left because Raikkonen happened to have an incredibly good start and filled the space between Verstappen and the wall. This was pretty much a racing incident, and trying to seek the guilty party in it, simply confirms you as an incredibly stuck up fanboy or a hater (of whoever).
    Be nice now. We're all friends here.
    First, I'm not a "fanboy"or a hater of anyone. No one on the current grid is a particular favorite of mine. I do probably have more experience than most on the subject, having testified in front of stewards a time or two.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

5. Likes: driveace (20th September 2017)
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Be nice now. We're all friends here.
    First, I'm not a "fanboy"or a hater of anyone. No one on the current grid is a particular favorite of mine. I do probably have more experience than most on the subject, having testified in front of stewards a time or two.
    You can see that Verstappen never got beside Vettel , because he would have hit him careening off Kimi .
    He was closing the door as Max got there .
    Had Kimi not been there , Max might have made it inside for that first corner .

The stewards called it as nobody to blame .

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    I think we're getting stuck on the use of the word 'blame' or 'fault' which both imply guilt.

If we asked "Who set all of this in motion?", instead of "Who's at fault, or Who's to blame?", I think the clear answer would be Vettel. If we accept that it was a racing incident, we can say Vettel set it all in motion, without saying Vetttel is guilty.

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear View Post
    If we asked "Who set all of this in motion?"
    The answer would be Kimi.

This thread is quite amusing.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I have yet to see anyone from the F1 fraternity push blame of Verstappen on this one.

Ferrari aside, Anyone have a link to a team boss, driver (current/former) that blames Max for this incident?

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    As I saw it Vettel was aggressive in his move left .Kimi had a brilliant start,and although Max was the "Jam in the Sandwich" I feel that Max could see he was being squeezed and backed out,Kimi veers right and catches Max .
    To my view Max was off the gas ,and both Red cars squeezed him out .
    His father Jos ,knew the score too ,and Jos has been there ,whereas many on here including myself have not

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    ...but he pretty much had no way to see that Verstappen had no racing room on his left because Raikkonen happened to have an incredibly good start and filled the space between Verstappen and the wall...
    That's exactly why it was such a boneheaded move by Vettel.

1. He was trying to make an aggressive move on somebody that was not important in the championship
    2. His move was pretty much guaranteed to result in the outcome we saw if there was somebody inside of Max. Who Vettel necessarily wouldn't be able to see.
    3. Cars being where Kimi was is the sort of thing that happens at the start of races all the time.