Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore '17

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts

Singapore '17

FP2 over , and the Bulls are on top , the silvers behind , and the reds are nowhere to be seen on a track they were predicted to dominate .

I'm sure there likely other things going on , but that's what made me say "holey cow" .

Liked 84 Times in 63 Posts
    That was interesting, wasn't it?

Ferrari saying they took a wrong turn somewhere in their setup process. We've seen this before with Merc when they were suddenly un-competitive (like at Monaco). In that case, they weren't able to turn it around in time. I wouldn't count out Ferrari yet by any means, but time is short to figure it out.

More interesting for me is that Merc seem to have shown up much more competitive than anybody expected. I'm thinking that after Monaco they have been doing a lot of work to make sure it didn't happen again. They seem to have shown up ready this time.

Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Stunning Vettel, back on it!

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    well qualy was a bit interesting. I thought the RBR's would have taken pole, but all credit to vettel. That was a blinder of a lap.
    The mercs did as good as they could on their worst track of the year. So tomorrow will be all about damage control
    2 McLarens in the top 10. Well, well well.
    What happened to the force India cars?
    Hulkenberg continuing to show his quality.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Kudos to Vettel - he is fantastic around this track. Fab lap! Would have loved Max to get pole position. Nip and tuck between Max and Danny. I think Max had the beating of Danny all day and could have had pole but he didn't have a great final lap.

Standard performance from Kimi - makes a mistake when it matters the most. He's actually a disgraceful driver. The gap between him and Vettel is generally more than it is from Hulkenberg to Palmer.

Hamilton probably got the maximum position possible he could. I felt with a stonker he could have maybe got 4th but it wasn't meant to be. Not sure why Bottas is so far off. He's really getting smashed by Hamilton in qualifying since the break.

Delighted for Alonso. Should be a cracking race.

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    An entertaining quali. With a chance of rain for the race we may not be in for a complete snore-fest. Well done by Seb. This race needs Max (or Danny boy) to jump Seb off the line!
    May the forza be with you

7. Likes: truefan72 (16th September 2017)
    The first corner is going to be fun to watch , as Vettel has a lot to lose , and Max has nothing to lose , with the two seasons they've had .

The Honey Badger might be the recipient of a two position pass as a result .

Add in some rain , and presto , Stroll wins from the back !
    Ok , maybe a wee stretch there .

9. Likes: Tazio (16th September 2017)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    The first corner is going to be fun to watch , as Vettel has a lot to lose , and Max has nothing to lose , with the two seasons they've had .

The Honey Badger might be the recipient of a two position pass as a result .

Add in some rain , and presto , Stroll wins from the back !
    Ok , maybe a wee stretch there .
    I know I am being cynical but I'd love it if Ricciardo did a banzai move into turn one and took out Vettel. Max would probably get a very well deserved win and Vettel would get exactly what he deserves in the general context of the championship after his antics in Baku. Probably won't happen but I'd be delighted if it did.

11. Likes: driveace (17th September 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I know I am being cynical but I'd love it if Ricciardo did a banzai move into turn one and took out Vettel. Max would probably get a very well deserved win and Vettel would get exactly what he deserves in the general context of the championship after his antics in Baku. Probably won't happen but I'd be delighted if it did.
    I know you're not keen on Vettel , but why choose Ric as the bomb ?
    Would it not more likely be Max ?

Don't you like "shooeys" ?

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Riccardo will win. The two in front will get caught up with each other.