Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore '17

Liked 52 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDu4...=youtu.be&t=24

Pretty compelling evidence that Seb orchestrated the accident. He probably never saw Kimi!
    Interesting. I think it completely confirms what i was saying. Verstappen was interlocking wheels with Kimi way before he was getting ran out of room by Vettel.
    It's quite funny to diss Seb for doing the same thing to Max that Max was doing to Kimi, is it not?

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    the only one who could have avoided the accident was verstappen. even though you can't put the blame on him, he chose not to brake but crash into raikkonen.

it's every time the same story. max doesn't really causes an accident, but he's always involved.
    he will have to learn to assess when to back off if he wants to win more races.

3. Likes: Mia 01 (18th September 2017)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    the only one who could have avoided the accident was verstappen. even though you can't put the blame on him, he chose not to brake but crash into raikkonen.

it's every time the same story. max doesn't really causes an accident, but he's always involved.
    he will have to learn to assess when to back off if he wants to win more races.
    I'm sure braking in the middle of a straight when everyone else is pushing flat out is the way to avoid accidents.

If anyone is to blame here, is Vettel - after all, he's the one who squeezed Max into a non-existent gap. But I would actually put it down as a racing incident: driving towards another driver to cut him off is the kind of maneuver that we're used to seeing all the time in starts, only that in this particular instance Sebastian hasn't realized that Kimi was there. It was a sliver of bad judgment and a lot of bad luck.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I'm sure braking in the middle of a straight when everyone else is pushing flat out is the way to avoid accidents.

If anyone is to blame here, is Vettel - after all, he's the one who squeezed Max into a non-existent gap. But I would actually put it down as a racing incident: driving towards another driver to cut him off is the kind of maneuver that we're used to seeing all the time in starts, only that in this particular instance Sebastian hasn't realized that Kimi was there. It was a sliver of bad judgment and a lot of bad luck.
    slightly letting go of the throttle would have been sufficient.

i agree that it is a racing incident and that nobody is really to blame, although vettel initiated it.
    but i also believe that a more experienced, less aggressive driver would have avoided it by backing off a little.

6. Likes: Mia 01 (18th September 2017)
    Liked 52 Times in 31 Posts
    Really interesting how there are so many so different opinions on the incident as if everyone watched a different one.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

Vettel was to blame but, in this case, I don't believe there was any intent. I don't believe he should be punished further simply because of that. But he was still at fault. Twas a stupid thing to do and with such a long race to go - complete insanity!
    The problem with this logic is that Vettel could not see that Verstappen had nowhere to go on the left.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I think some of you blaming Seb would be calling it completely different if Seb was Lewis... and let's not forget how bad visibility can be in the wet and how quickly these things can happen in such instances.

I think the Stewards called it absolutely spot on for a change. 100% Racing incident... blaming any single driver would have been massively wrong.

10. Likes: N4D13 (18th September 2017)
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDu4...=youtu.be&t=24

Pretty compelling evidence that Seb orchestrated the accident. He probably never saw Kimi!
    On what planet was that not Kimi hitting Max?

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yodasarmpit View Post
    On what planet was that not Kimi hitting Max?
    For starters I did not say Seb initiated contact. By "orchestrating" the accident I was referring to Seb compressing the front three with his chop to the left. It has been ruled a racing incident, which I agree with.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 1,067 Times in 598 Posts
    Max had room to go straight. He was trying to cut off Kimi after Max's bad start and hit him instead.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

14. Likes: Mia 01 (18th September 2017)