Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 128

Thread: Singapore '17

  1. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,173
    Like
    51
    Liked 247 Times in 186 Posts
    "The Stewards consider that no driver was found to have been wholly or predominantly to blame for the incident and will therefore take no further action."

    No surprise that they came to this conclusion with Vettel and Ferrari involved.

    FIA=Ferrari International Assistance!
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 17th September 2017 at 18:20.

  2. Likes: driveace (17th September 2017),Duncan (17th September 2017),truefan72 (17th September 2017)
  3. #72
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    84
    Like
    0
    Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
    I think anyone who says that Vettel is 100% responsible for the crash should watch all 3 onboards and the offboard cameras again shot by shot.

    My view of the accident:

    Kimi has a brilliant start, goes into the inside of Max. Seb has a bad start, starts pulling to the inside at increasing angles. Max starts moving inside at the same time as Seb, leaving lots of room on his right. Max therefore kind of misses Kimi, or misjudges the speed difference (as he weaves a bit when Kimi arrives next to him). By that time Seb has closed Max completely down (using all the room available to him) and Max has no room to get further away from Kimi and catches his rear right tire. What I mean is that Max DID NOT go left to avoid contact with Seb as the distance to Seb was bigger than the distance to Kimi. I have seen some people saying that Kimi was closing down on Max but looking at his onboard then it is the opposite.

    If you analyse every move by itself then all of them are completely legit. Max pushing Kimi would be 100% fine without Seb pushing Max and vice-versa.
    Overall i think 3 completely legit moves but when executed at the same time ended very unfortunately.

  4. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,458
    Like
    108
    Liked 45 Times in 33 Posts
    Its a long race You are set in a Red car that showed its pace the day before .You don't get off the line as well as you should ,there is 61 laps to go ,its raining WHY be hair brained and squeeze Max and take your team mate out ? Selfish !!! You reap what you sow !

  5. Likes: truefan72 (17th September 2017)
  6. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,173
    Like
    51
    Liked 247 Times in 186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanband View Post
    I think anyone who says that Vettel is 100% responsible for the crash should watch all 3 onboards and the offboard cameras again shot by shot.

    My view of the accident:

    Kimi has a brilliant start, goes into the inside of Max. Seb has a bad start, starts pulling to the inside at increasing angles. Max starts moving inside at the same time as Seb, leaving lots of room on his right. Max therefore kind of misses Kimi, or misjudges the speed difference (as he weaves a bit when Kimi arrives next to him). By that time Seb has closed Max completely down (using all the room available to him) and Max has no room to get further away from Kimi and catches his rear right tire. What I mean is that Max DID NOT go left to avoid contact with Seb as the distance to Seb was bigger than the distance to Kimi. I have seen some people saying that Kimi was closing down on Max but looking at his onboard then it is the opposite.

    If you analyse every move by itself then all of them are completely legit. Max pushing Kimi would be 100% fine without Seb pushing Max and vice-versa.
    Overall i think 3 completely legit moves but when executed at the same time ended very unfortunately.
    The point here is what could either Kimi or Max have done differently to avoid a collision? Answer - absolutely nothing! Max's jink left coincides with just after Vettel's first move left. But neither Max's moves or Kimi's initiated the crash. It is all caused by Vettel needlessly cutting across the track.

    Vettel was to blame but, in this case, I don't believe there was any intent. I don't believe he should be punished further simply because of that. But he was still at fault. Twas a stupid thing to do and with such a long race to go - complete insanity!

  7. #75
    Senior Member Duncan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Oregon, US
    Posts
    220
    Like
    248
    Liked 49 Times in 41 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    A couple donkey awards - biggest one to Vettel for causing first corner crash and then to Ferrari for their stupid twitter post blaming Max in classic Ferrari denial style.

    Finally to Ericsson for spinning where no one has spun before. Another driver in the grid not worth his salt. Only in F1 by paying.

    Clear driver of the day is Hamilton - sublime throughout and his lead never really looked under threat
    Yes - Hamilton was very impressive. Despite driving a car which can't compete with the RBR on this track in the dry, given a damp track he was just driving away from both Ricciardo and Bottas.

  8. Likes: truefan72 (17th September 2017)
  9. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,600
    Like
    27
    Liked 181 Times in 141 Posts
    For my driver of the day, I'm going to nominate Nico Hulkenberg. He had a damn good try at avoiding that ignominious record. Got into 3rd place and at that stage of the race, he was more than a second a lap faster than anyone else on wets, and also faster than all the inter runners bar Hamilton and Ricciardo. If not for the strategy error and the unreliability, I think he might have held on to that podium position.

  10. Likes: truefan72 (17th September 2017)
  11. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    84
    Like
    0
    Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    The point here is what could either Kimi or Max have done differently to avoid a collision? Answer - absolutely nothing! Max's jink left coincides with just after Vettel's first move left. But neither Max's moves or Kimi's initiated the crash. It is all caused by Vettel needlessly cutting across the track.

    Vettel was to blame but, in this case, I don't believe there was any intent. I don't believe he should be punished further simply because of that. But he was still at fault. Twas a stupid thing to do and with such a long race to go - complete insanity!
    Yes, I agree that at the point of the accident, there was no reasonable way out for Max. But on the other side, my whole point was that He wasnt in that position because he was forced there by Vettel "pushing" him, but put himself in that position with the intent to "push" Kimi. So if one was to say Vettel's "push" was unnecessary, then so was Verstappen's. If you look it like that then Vettel used all the room available to him, as is fair but Verstappen also needed that same room to escape the bad position he had put himself in before he was aware of Vettel's move. And I think it would require too much of a driver to read that kind of situation in the split second that was available (if Vettel even saw Kimi there).

  12. #78
    Senior Member truefan72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,082
    Like
    569
    Liked 171 Times in 130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    "The Stewards consider that no driver was found to have been wholly or predominantly to blame for the incident and will therefore take no further action."

    No surprise that they came to this conclusion with Vettel and Ferrari involved.

    FIA=Ferrari International Assistance!
    its is so sad that I am not surprised by the FIA's action. It really is a somewhat biased system.
    If it was anyone but the Ferrari driver they would be tripping over themselves to hand out a penalty for unnecessary and dangerous driving.
    At the very least penalty points.
    This was not even close to a "racing incident"
    It was very clear that vettel initiated the calamity by blindly and foolishly swerving to the left. His move made no sense whatsover and ended up causing his retirement and 3 other cars.
    All because he made a slow start and desperately tried to win the race on lap 1 in damp conditions/ SMH
    I feel bad for Vestappen, kimi and especially Alonso who made an incredible start.
    oh well. On to Malaysia
    you can't argue with results

  13. #79
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    84
    Like
    0
    Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    its is so sad that I am not surprised by the FIA's action. It really is a somewhat biased system.
    If it was anyone but the Ferrari driver they would be tripping over themselves to hand out a penalty for unnecessary and dangerous driving.
    At the very least penalty points.
    This was not even close to a "racing incident"
    It was very clear that vettel initiated the calamity by blindly and foolishly swerving to the left. His move made no sense whatsover and ended up causing his retirement and 3 other cars.
    All because he made a slow start and desperately tried to win the race on lap 1 in damp conditions/ SMH
    I feel bad for Vestappen, kimi and especially Alonso who made an incredible start.
    oh well. On to Malaysia
    Even if you could blame that 100% on Vettel, that was nowhere near worthy of a penalty. Nothing to do with bias or anything else.

  14. #80
    Senior Member Tazio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    San Diego, Ca
    Posts
    14,202
    Like
    719
    Liked 371 Times in 307 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDu4...=youtu.be&t=24

    Pretty compelling evidence that Seb orchestrated the accident. He probably never saw Kimi!
    I have great faith in fools -- Self confidence my friends will call it.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •