Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore '17

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    good and entertaining race
    lol @ Ferrari Twitter

Congrats to Vandoorne too. That Mclaren had the measure of the williams
    Congrats to Palmer. He needed that. Sainz did a great job too.

Bottas was a bit disappointing in my book. But Ricciardo is a fast driver and the RBR was stellar in Singapore.
    TBH the gap between he and Ricciardo was what was expected between the RBR and mercs. so perhaps Hamilton outdrove his vehicle more so than Bottas underperforming in his.
    Some kind of damage control race
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    A couple donkey awards - biggest one to Vettel for causing first corner crash and then to Ferrari for their stupid twitter post blaming Max in classic Ferrari denial style.

Finally to Ericsson for spinning where no one has spun before. Another driver in the grid not worth his salt. Only in F1 by paying.

Clear driver of the day is Hamilton - sublime throughout and his lead never really looked under threat

3. Likes: Duncan (17th September 2017),truefan72 (17th September 2017)
    Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Alright "The Boss"
    May the forza be with you

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    good and entertaining race
    lol @ Ferrari Twitter

Congrats to Vandoorne too. That Mclaren had the measure of the williams
    Congrats to Palmer. He needed that. Sainz did a great job too.

Bottas was a bit disappointing in my book. But Ricciardo is a fast driver and the RBR was stellar in Singapore.
    TBH the gap between he and Ricciardo was what was expected between the RBR and mercs. so perhaps Hamilton outdrove his vehicle more so than Bottas underperforming in his.
    Some kind of damage control race
    TBF I think Hamilton's driving the best he ever has. Really regard this as one of his best ever seasons. I still think Ferrari have the best overall car, just Hamilton's out driving his car.

lol why does Eddie Jordan sound like Rick from Rick & Morty
    "Singapoooore, Singapooore" lol

Liked 46 Times in 41 Posts
    Driver of the day goes to Palmer. Albeit too little too late. Donkey goes to Ferrari. they planned to cover Verstappen but backfired. 4/10 for the race. The rain brought some challenges but didn't improve the racing. The race was processional til the end other than the first lap carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    TBF I think Hamilton's driving the best he ever has. Really regard this as one of his best ever seasons. I still think Ferrari have the best overall car, just Hamilton's out driving his car.
    I think both cars are just about equally matched with a slight edge to ferrari initially that is now turning into a slight edge to Mercedes.
    The difference is down to, yes, Hamilton outdriving the car, Bottas usually doing the job when needed in Baku and Austria
    But mostly, the fact that Mercedes has not instituted team orders, and more importantly that they have not treated the 2nd car as insignificant.
    Kimi has been the beneficiary of some lousy strategy, poor cars and team orders that have hampered his and Ferrari's ambitions in general.
    That, ultimately is why Mercedes are this far ahead in the WCC

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    Ricco and Bottas had problems apparently. Lewis will never get less challengers for a race win ever again. His drive was faultless, one hand on the trophy.

10. Likes: truefan72 (17th September 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    I think both cars are just about equally matched with a slight edge to ferrari initially that is now turning into a slight edge to Mercedes.
    The difference is down to, yes, Hamilton outdriving the car, Bottas usually doing the job when needed in Baku and Austria
    But mostly, the fact that Mercedes has not instituted team orders, and more importantly that they have not treated the 2nd car as insignificant.
    Kimi has been the beneficiary of some lousy strategy, poor cars and team orders that have hampered his and Ferrari's ambitions in general.
    That, ultimately is why Mercedes are this far ahead in the WCC
    I still think that Ferrari have the better overall package, I just don't think that they have capitalised on it enough. Even if you look at Belgium, I felt they could have won that race and I think had Vettel gotten ahead of Hamilton that he would have pulled away. Italy they didn't capitalise on what they had and went the wrong set up route. Today they screwed themselves. It's making Mercedes look better than they are imo. There isn't a huge amount between both cars but I still think Ferrari have the better car overall. Mercedes one lap race pace is what has got them where they are this season. As I said, I think Lewis is the big differentiator here. Bottas hasn't been anywhere near him since the summer break. He has come back from the break and really stepped it up a gear. He has 7 wins this season now, 3 more and the championship is his really.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Just watching replays of the start... Hamilton was pretty clever about where he positioned himself to avoid the chaos, both the collision and Vettel's spin.

13. Likes: driveace (17th September 2017)