Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 128

Thread: Singapore '17

  1. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,447
    Like
    458
    Liked 996 Times in 441 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Max had room to go straight. He was trying to cut off Kimi after Max's bad start and hit him instead.
    No, Max was trying to avoid Vettel coming to the left like a torpedo.

    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

  2. Likes: journeyman racer (18th September 2017),The Black Knight (18th September 2017),truefan72 (18th September 2017)
  3. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    82
    Like
    0
    Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    No, Max was trying to avoid Vettel coming to the left like a torpedo.

    If you say he avoided Vettel by driving into Kimi then you make him sound stupid which i believe he isn't. Plus he went close enough to Kimi to interlock wheels with him when Vettel was still quite a considerable distance away from him. So let's imagine if Max had stayed about 20 cms to his right, then Vettel, focusing on Max in his mirror would have:
    A: Seen him and pulled back to the right - no accident

    B: Not seen him and had contact with him - same consequence but 100% fault on Seb and possibly 10 places grid penalty for the next race.
    Last edited by onemanband; 18th September 2017 at 09:03.

  4. Likes: Mia 01 (18th September 2017)
  5. #93
    Senior Member journeyman racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    816
    Like
    193
    Liked 78 Times in 62 Posts
    Bro. No one can seriously blame Verstappen for that. Both Ferrari's put him in a vulnerable position.

    That start was TBK wet dream come true.

  6. Likes: driveace (20th September 2017),truefan72 (18th September 2017)
  7. #94
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    82
    Like
    0
    Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
    I don't blame Verstappen at all. I was just pointing out his position in the incident - one that he put himself in by going too close to Kimi, not one that he was put in by Ferraris.
    If you analyze both moves by Vettel and Verstappen separately then they are both completely fine and standard for a race start, but neither of them knew what the other was doing/about to do so it ended with disaster.

  8. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    West Lothian, UK
    Posts
    1,064
    Like
    12
    Liked 35 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    No, Max was trying to avoid Vettel coming to the left like a torpedo.

    I must admit, after seeing this video from the overhead angle, I have to change my mind and suggest Kimi was not at fault. I would also suggest Vettel was not to blame, but probalbly triggered Max to move over - actually looked like Max clipped Kimi.
    Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson - "Ping Pong is coming home"

  9. Likes: Mia 01 (18th September 2017)
  10. #96
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8
    Like
    0
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It was a thrilling race to watch! Good Job Hamilton!

  11. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,145
    Like
    51
    Liked 230 Times in 173 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    No, Max was trying to avoid Vettel coming to the left like a torpedo.

    Precisely. It's never more obvious than in that clip. This is a clear case of overthinking on the part of some posters. Yes, Verstappen veered left but only in response to Vettel shooting across like a lunatic. Mark Weber summed it up when he replied to Ferrari's post on twitter where they blamed Verstappen by stating "Said the Bloke that's never driven a go-kart". I can only assume that's the same for posters here.

    I also agree with him at being irritated for the guys having to have even visited the Stewards

    Though the stewards eventually cleared all three men of blame, Webber was angry the drivers even needed to give an account of themselves after the race.

    "It's a joke. It's done. Seb's leaving here in pieces. Ferrari's got no points. Max's has got no points. All of them have been wiped out.

    "I just get frustrated is because we've had a car race, we've left the track, these boys are in the barriers, they're massively frustrated -- they're burning inside, these boys. Then they've got to sit and listen to some guy say 'well, you know, I've got a slo-mo, we've gotta do this, we've gotta do this', it's not real."
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 18th September 2017 at 12:52.

  12. Likes: truefan72 (18th September 2017)
  13. #98
    Senior Member journeyman racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    816
    Like
    193
    Liked 78 Times in 62 Posts
    Mark Webber should become the steward. But he's too much of a flaccid penis to put his reputation on the line. Much easier to have a pop at the stewards.

  14. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    To the right of the left
    Posts
    3,572
    Like
    3
    Liked 74 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yodasarmpit View Post
    I must admit, after seeing this video from the overhead angle, I have to change my mind and suggest Kimi was not at fault. I would also suggest Vettel was not to blame, but probalbly triggered Max to move over - actually looked like Max clipped Kimi.
    The video is very clear. Kimi was in no way at fault. Max bears at least 40% of the fault because Kimi was clearly ahead of him when contact occurred. Seb gets the remaining 60% because of his over aggressive and needless move that far to his left. I wonder if Ferrari are having a private word or two with him.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

  15. #100
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    7,388
    Like
    21
    Liked 280 Times in 234 Posts
    Max didn't hit Sebastian .
    Therefore , Seb's move across to block Max , although abrupt , should be seen as legal .
    Kimi was on a scorching start , having nailed the lights , and slid up past Max , who was starting to react to Vettel's move .
    The moment Max could have backed out was already gone because he only seemed to notice that Kimi , having made such a fantastic start , was where he was planning to go to try to out brake the lead Ferrari into turn one .

    In a way , Kimi is the culprit here , for having gotten in the way of the the other two . The nerve !
    Or , Max did it because he could have backed out ........like he never does !
    Or , Seb is a swerving swine and wrecked everything for everyone on earth with that move .

    Myself , I think the stewards got it right on this one .

  16. Likes: gm99 (18th September 2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •