Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    I'm probably one of the few ones who actually like Imola. I don't really like the racing there which is boring and don't like chicanes but I like the park-like atmosphere there, it's not like the car park tilkedromes with acres of tarmac runoff.
    I Like Imola as well.
    But I like the pre95-track layout.
    Like you I think the chicanes there in 95 were too much off Knee jerk reaction, they need to rethink that. I don't know the layout inside the track at the Tamburello, but couldn't they have moved in field a bit to allow better runoff next to the river?

I loved that fast corner Except in 94, Where I remember Mansell tring to over take and lost it and end up doing a high speed 360, and continuing.

Also the secound chicane is just so boring! Only Ide made that interesting when he sent Albers into a barrel roll.

the flavor of the track has changed since 94, yes you can see the cars but no racing!
    Ayrton Senna Is the one true GOD!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zoostation
    i know that imola is not being run this year due to bernies fondness of new buildings, so therefore track is being upgraded, but what is actually being changed?

is it just the pit and media buildings? (which i believe have already been demolished)

or is the track being modified in anyway?
    I hope so! As fun as that track is to drive, it sncks for F1 racing. There's just no overtaking opportunities anymore. Leave it as is, and wait for the next generation regulations to see if F1 racing can include more on track overtaking and then go back, with new pit buildings.
    J

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Its not Imola that makes Imola boring, its the cars. But sadly, Imola is better described as a circuit with the occasional corner in between chicanes. Maybe they should remove some chicanes, including Tamburello.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theugsquirrel
    Its not Imola that makes Imola boring, its the cars.
    Spot on

Sadly even the best circuits in the world are producing boring racing over the past few seasons with little, if any, on-track overtaking due to the super efficient aerodynamics of the modern day F1 car.

I like Imola. Over the years it has produced some great races, albeit less and less since 1994, but it is not all down to the track.
    :ninja: silent and deadly :ninja:

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    The Tamburello chicane isn't even that bad. Make it a little bit faster and you've one hell of a left-right-left S curve. Mmmmmm... Villeneuve chicane has to go.
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Yes the cars dont help in the sense that there isnt enough passing going on, but Imola is boring nevertheless......too many bloody chicanes and very narrow.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by millencolin
    i like imola too. its not a tilke-a-drome....
    I am no Tilke fan, but Isthanbul is a better circuit for racing than Imola anyday.

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    The circuit is too narrow for F1 cars. Rivazza is a good example of this. It's difficult to run side by side without crashing into your opponent or going off into the kitty-litter.

The first chicane is too quick for F1 cars, you need a large braking zone.

You only need 1 chicane between the start/finish all the way up Tosa, IMO. Tamburello has been a bit of an issue because of the river running next to it and the locals want it left as it is.