Threaded View

Liked 479 Times in 161 Posts
    I'm still trying to find word which characterizes Rally Liepaja this year edition for me... Crumpled. This could be it. It all start with SS2, SS5 shortening. All of my preparation homework's was sent to trash bin, we started Saturday morning from blank sheet. In the middle of SS2 recce shock absorber of our Mazda stated - "i am done, guys". So after SS2 finish corner we were limping to Liepaja instead of SS4 or SS5. Thanks to rally society contacts problem was solved in lighting speed almost. All seemed clicked in right places finally when we arrived in city stage. Not for a long time... this case with puddle and chicanes ruined all. Second day started quite ok. SS8 high speed lefthander in a beginning of stage (after tarmac stretch) was enjoyable to watch. After that we did drive through stage, to find place for second loop. We were surprised about place where Lopez went out as we have been there few times in local rallies. Not a place where to crash like that. Judging from on-board he touched anti-cut pole or something which threw him over road in to tree. We stayed shortly before a finish where wide road turns to left in a narrow section. Kalle has there spun in last year "Kurzeme" rally. After few cars we noticed red flag from marshal. GPS showed that Remennik was stucked near to finish and it seemed to be a reason for red flag. When Remennik moved further but red flags stayed all started to look seriously. In a few minutes everything became clear - photo and video from heli accident came to my phone. An uncomfortable feeling when you passing by that place and understand that this is serious. In the end not to end rally on this note we moved to SS13 (corner where in first loop Solberg jr. rolled).
    All in all most strangest rally so far for me.

What I noticed:
    - Kalle on Fiesta R5 looked less aggressive than on Fabia R5;
    - Both Spanish guys from Peugeot has spectacular driving style;
    - Two times saw him and every time I grab my drivers list to find out "what a... who was it?!!"
    Tom Kristennson it was. Most spectacular driver of event definitely.
    Last edited by sindroms; 9th October 2017 at 11:16.

2. Likes: br21 (9th October 2017),dimviii (9th October 2017),eddy707 (9th October 2017),electroliquid (9th October 2017),Jeppe (9th October 2017),Mirek (9th October 2017),Rally Power (10th October 2017)